F&C Trip to Scotland - Gauging Interest & Opinions - Booked!

General area & dates of possible Scotland trip

• Highlands

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • Lowlands

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Arran or another island

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • September 2018

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • October 2018

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • November 2018

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They are so useful and use my Canon 19mm quite often although it has faults.

If you want kit without faults,then pay the proper price.:ROFLMAO:

After these two I only have about 3-4 left to upload... The end is in sight!

Loch Linnhe Panoramic by Jonathan Woods, on Flickr
Now I know this is somewhat blue, and I make no claim that this is realistic to the scene. However, this is essentially the cast it came out the scanner with, and oddly, I kinda like it :)
Mamiya 645 Super, 105-210mm, Velvia 100.

Lochan na h-Achlaise Sunrise 2 by Jonathan Woods, on Flickr
What is it they say? Always give it that extra few minutes before packing up and moving on, as the light will always be nice when the camera is packed away? Yep.
SV45TE, Nikkor 90mm, Portra 160.

Last edited:
That's a bit lovely that is @Peter B! What ever could you need that Ebony for? :D
Erm, so it will be lovely like your 2nd shot above and it won't be full of noise and grain from the scan? ;) Now just imagine I had taken that with the Ebony, or even the Bronny? They were both in the car, but it was just jam the brakes on and grab the shot and then it was gone.

Last edited:
After these two I only have about 3-4 left to upload... The end is in sight!

Loch Linnhe Panoramic by Jonathan Woods, on Flickr
Now I know this is somewhat blue, and I make no claim that this is realistic to the scene. However, this is essentially the cast it came out the scanner with, and oddly, I kinda like it :)
Mamiya 645 Super, 105-210mm, Velvia 100.

Lochan na h-Achlaise Sunrise 2 by Jonathan Woods, on Flickr
What is it they say? Always give it that extra few minutes before packing up and moving on, as the light will always be nice when the camera is packed away? Yep.
SV45TE, Nikkor 90mm, Portra 160.

To hell with the slight blueness, that first one is really moody and atmospheric. I'm sure it looks like the scene should have looked. And it will no doubt be how you remember it looking in a year or so's time!

The second one is just stunning. That light is ridiculously lovely.

A bit grainy for some reason but I quite like the feel of it.

Contax 139Q, Yashica 28-85mm lens.

Dark Seas by Andy, on Flickr

I really like this, Andy. You've controlled those highlights much better than I did with shots that included that patch of open sky.

Assuming this is from Filmdev, it does look as if you've been hit with the scan processing glitch that I mentioned elsewhere (halo at horizon on left). If they've still got the scan on their system, they'd probably re-process them for you if you asked.

(They said it was from Noritsu scans... I'm going to ask for Frontier scans for a while...)

Love that one, Peter. Very definitely worth jumping out of the car for!
That was a rescan using the scanner unlocking info that you linked to earlier. On the Minolta Scan Elite 5400 at 5400 it gave a 211mb tiff file, which was why I linked to the 15mb version on Flickr, rather than posting at about 240kb on here. I'll try it using b&w film on the Epson V700 exactly as he said he did his, but that'll probably need to wait until the weekend.

Assuming this is from Filmdev, it does look as if you've been hit with the scan processing glitch that I mentioned elsewhere (halo at horizon on left)

I've seen this now and again in some of my shots and wondered whether it was a processing fault or the Fuji Frontier, as I was using Tesco or Asda didn't complain because they were so cheap.

I've seen this now and again in some of my shots and wondered whether it was a processing fault or the Fuji Frontier, as I was using Tesco or Asda didn't complain because they were so cheap.

Filmdev default to the Noritsu now, unless you ask for the Frontier... at least, that's what I believe!

Filmdev default to the Noritsu now, unless you ask for the Frontier... at least, that's what I believe!

Indeed but I ask for the Fuji as the scan is higher 1800 X 1200 same as it was with Asda

Couple more... after which (I think) I'm starting to force it a bit in terms of passable photos from the trip:

Glen Etive by Jonathan Woods, on Flickr
SV45TE, Portra 160 and, iirc, 150mm lens.

Stob Dearg, Buachaille Etive Mor by Jonathan Woods, on Flickr
Mamiya 645 Super, Velvia 50 (exp), 55mm lens.

Woodsy those are stunning, the light in the first one is beautiful and I love the cloud in the second.

Glen Etive, same kit as above.

Glen Etive_Panorama1 small by Andy, on Flickr

The Bridge at Ballaculish

Ballaculish Bridge 1 small by Andy, on Flickr

And a couple from Castle Stalker, Rollei on Portra 160.

Castle Stalker 5 by Andy, on Flickr

Castle Stalker 4 by Andy, on Flickr

and before any smart ar5e says anything, I was on the mainland and stayed well away from the tidal island that the castle sits on. :p:D

That second one is brilliant andy, loads of drama (y)

It looks like the first one needs straightening up

Might be even scarier ones to come from them
:wideyed: You gotta be kidding, what can be more scary than a pixelated Snap:exit::D

ah yes … a real one! :exit::exit::LOL:

Last edited:
:wideyed: You gotta be kidding, what can be more scary than a pixelated Snap:exit::D
Richard kindly invited us all to use his APS camera while having dinner the first evening, but thereafter it was to be used by whoever, whenever, and possibly without warning. :sneaky:

Richard kindly invited us all to use his APS camera while having dinner the first evening, but thereafter it was to be used by whoever, whenever, and possibly without warning. :sneaky:
So we hold Rich @medwaygreen 100% responsible for any psychological disturbances / nightmares brought about by scary portraits originating from his APS kit;)

Don't worry Peter, if needs be I'll sort him out:punch:…..I know where he lives!!:D

Back