F1 2017 season

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
its that time again, here's the schedule for 2017.

skysports-f1-calendar_3843359.jpg

2017 F1 CALENDAR

March 26: Melbourne, Australia

April 9: Shanghai, China

April 16: Bahrain, Bahrain

April 30: Sochi, Russia

May 14: Barcelona, Spain

May 28: Monte Carlo, Monaco

June 11: Montreal, Canada

June 25: Baku, Azerbaijan

July 9: Spielberg, Austria

July 16: Silverstone, United Kingdom

July 30: Budapest, Hungary

August 27: Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium

September 3: Monza, Italy

September 17: Singapore, Singapore

October 1: Sepang, Malaysia

October 8: Suzuka, Japan

October 22: Austin, USA

October 29: Mexico City, Mexico

November 12: Sao Paolo, Brazil

November 26: Abu Dhabi, UAE

2017 DRIVER LINE-UPS

MERCEDES
Race drivers: Lewis Hamilton and TBC
Engines: Mercedes

RED BULL
Race drivers: Daniel Ricciardo and Max Verstappen
Engines: TAG Heuer-badged Renault

FERRARI
Race drivers: Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen
Engines: Ferrari

FORCE INDIA
Race drivers: Sergio Perez and Esteban Ocon

WILLIAMS
Race drivers: Valtteri Bottas and Lance Stroll

MCLAREN
Race drivers: Fernando Alonso and Stoffel Vandoorne
Reserve driver: Jenson Button
Engines: Honda

TORO ROSSO
Race drivers: Carlos Sainz and Daniil Kvyat
Engines: Renault

HAAS
Race drivers: Romain Grosjean and Kevin Magnussen
Engines: Ferrari

RENAULT
Race drivers: Nico Hulkenberg and Jolyon Palmer
Engines: Renault

SAUBER
Race drivers: Marcus Ericsson and TBC
Engines: Ferrari (2016 spec)

MANOR
Race drivers: TBC and TBC

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...r-and-schedule-driver-line-ups-and-test-dates

Toto Wolff has had his say about Rosberg's replacement.
Wolff not keen on replacing Rosberg with big-name driver

Toto Wolff has admitted that recruiting a big-name driver to replace retired Formula 1 champion Nico Rosberg at Mercedes is not his preferred option.

Following Rosberg’s shock announcement on Friday that he will not return to defend his title in 2017, Mercedes now faces the task of choosing who to partner Lewis Hamilton with next season.

The likes of Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso have been mentioned, despite being under contract to Ferrari and McLaren respectively in 2017, as has Williams driver Valtteri Bottas, who has the advantage of being linked to Wolff by his management team.

Mercedes would also have the option of replacing Rosberg with one of its junior drivers, Pascal Wehrlein or Esteban Ocon, although the latter has already signed a deal to race at Force India.

Speaking to Gazzetta dello Sport, Wolff set out the options the German marque has – but said that trying to lure a top driver away from a rival team was not his favoured course of action.

“We have three roads that we can follow,” said Wolff.

Continues at http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/wolff-not-keen-on-replacing-rosberg-with-big-name-driver-856691/

Lots of new names, maybe Gutierrez will get another shot, this time with Mercedes hahaha

My idea of kvyatt might not be so far away for No2 at Merc
At least its a good a guess as anyones

Kvyatt shouldn't even be in a toro rosso
Bit harsh but I know what you mean
The list of who Mercedes cant have is getting quite long and the long shots are the only ones left BUT then it is F1 and anything can happen

I'd be surprised to see Williams let Bottas go, even for all the money in the world, they've got an untried rookie (who incidentally is reported to be bringing a lot of money) and I'm not sure theres another fast, reliable driver available to replace Bottas, going to be interesting though!

Massa says he is open to an interview

Only kvyatt and Kimi havnt phoned toto but he says thats because they dont have his phone number (ho ho)

Last edited:
The money seems to be on Bottas with maybe nasr taking his seat, although toto said he wasnt looking at Williams
Close runner up Grosjean as its reported he has a top team get out clause in his contract

The money seems to be on Bottas with maybe nasr taking his seat, although toto said he wasnt looking at Williams
Close runner up Grosjean as its reported he has a top team get out clause in his contract

I was thinking about Grosjean last night, but couldn't find any details about his contract. I also think he's a bit of a hidden front runner.

"Wanted - to replace a contract breaking prima donna..."

I'd nominate Dan Cammish to replace Rosberg. I reckon he'd p all over Hammy.

I've sent my cv in.
With a screenshot of my progress in f1 2016 on the ps4.
Watch this space

I thought I'd seen Mercedes had put seat on eBay! Go to highest bidder.....

Unfortunately Toto's phone number was not on the ad :(

I'm properly miffed that the powers that be, have changed the dates for the BGP.. Originally it was 7,8,9 but now it's 14,15,16 which means I can't go as I've a flight booked on the Sunday.. And it's the same dates as the RIAT air show

So now we know how mercedes are going to internally deal with naughty Lewis
http://www.eurosport.co.uk/formula-...have-let-hamilton-race_sto5976263/story.shtml

As in deciding Lewis wasn't really naughty? ;)

"How the race panned out, we should have communicated differently and in hindsight let them race in the way they deemed to be appropriate."

And Wolff also says keeping Hamilton happy is one of the factors Mercedes must keep in mind as it looks to recruit a replacement for Rosberg.

"He has been a great pillar in the team's success. When he came, everything changed, so he has played a role. It's very important to keep him in a good place. The dynamics between the two drivers is one of the factors we will consider."

As in deciding Lewis wasn't really naughty? ;)
It was always going to be the outcome
The bit about keeping Lewis happy was interesting, especially as there is a report that he was considering leaving Merc (or at least vocal about it) after the come together with Nico
Lewis wears his heart on his sleeve and something must have got right up his hooter around that time for him to mention that
Toto says he has no say in who is his team mate but the dynamics must be looked at (cough Toto)
Then again they must keep Lewis happy and maybe he wont write a nasty book in 10 years time

Agreed, that last sentence says a lot.

The dynamics between the two drivers is one of the factors we will consider."

My immediate thought was "Alonso", but then things have changed significantly since they were last team mates.

Flavio the honest broker and Alonsos manager says NO to merc seat
http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id...-not-go-mercedes-says-manager-flavio-briatore

The chances are for me between Wehrlein, boring second driver to Lewis
Grosjean not thrilling but could be fun for second third fourth battles
For serious fun factor Taki Inoue could make Mercedes look like reliant
The above assumes Merc will build a car that can win

Wehrlein might surprise everyone, he was pretty good in DTM.

He's also German, so would tick that box for Merc as well.

As an interim driver until FA's current contract finishes, I still reckon JB has plenty to offer, especially given the changes to the regulations next year. Plenty of experience to help get the new car set up and plenty of racing left in him.

Wehrlein might surprise everyone, he was pretty good in DTM.

He's also German, so would tick that box for Merc as well.
There was a lot of team orders benefitting Wherlien in DTM '15 from what I read.

My prediction.

Mercedes: Vettel and Wehrlein
Ferrari: Hamilton and Raikkonen.

If we're into the fabulous world of prediction, I'll offer one.

Red Bull way ahead of the pack in 2017.

2018 Red Bull Drivers - Verstappen and Hamilton.

If we're into the fabulous world of prediction, I'll offer one.

Red Bull way ahead of the pack in 2017.

2018 Red Bull Drivers - Verstappen and Hamilton.

I think it's so hard to see what's going to happen next year. As for Red Bull's 2018 line up, I think we'll be seeing Verstappen and Sainz together again.

Hum not sure with that for next year. The cars will be different but Hamilton must have a good idea about next years Mercedes and how competitive it'll be.
Ferrari is in melt down at the moment, it's not functioning as a team. Despite Hamilton feeling unhappy with Mercedes this season, he realises his main competition has gone.
Red bull would be the attractive team once they sort the engine, mclaren too. If McLean gets the engine sorted next year, then that would be an attractive team to return to, if they have proper funding. At the moment though you need to be in a manufacturers team, just not Ferrari.

They spend so much on toro rosso I wouldn't think they'd ever consider an outsider for a red bull drive

Nope. I'm serious.

I don't see it, Hamilton has just won the Merc war, he's in the top seat now for 2017, no matter who gets the other drive, I'm also sceptical that Vettel has any intention of moving (for 2017 at least).

Lewis has now got a tight hold on Mercs nuts hes not going anywhere but Merc next season
Red Bull are in a good position there 2017 car will not only have a better engine (reliability might be a question) but they have prised Newy away from dinghies and he is giving full input to aerodynamics F1 style
Ferrari, well they need a management transplant before they will sort out the car

merc hamilton wherline
Red bull ricardo verstappin
Ferrari Vettal and Rikkonen

Back