F1 back to the BBC

I find Ben Edwards BTCC commentaries a bit lacking in excitement, so I wouldn't want him commentating on F1. Charlie Cox would be so much better, great commentary and great one liners.

dear lord, no

At least Charlie gets with the action. Ben is way too wooden and unnatural in his commentary for my liking. Charlie made a great replacement for Murray in the BTCC. Murray had his famous gaffs even when the commentary was added later to the highlights. A great example of Charlies excitement would be his commentary of Mansell's 98 Donnington BTCC race.

http://video.google.co.uk/url?docid...dex=10&usg=AL29H20hFwDhl6ZxIBzoHW36_RQmBhq8Kw

Ben Edwards just doesn't have the repertoire to carry it off.

I for one will be missing the Ad Breaks on ITV, it used to break up most of the boring races with a bit of life for the time of the ad then back to the boring racing.

i got a response (a personal one!) from the bbc from my suggestion that they should knock the dust off their fleetwood mac album and that they should leave james allen outside the job centre (thats quite accurate for what i said in my email actually!)

Dear James

Thank you for emailing us about our Formula One coverage starting next year.

I was happy to read that you're so pleased that we have got the contract. I understand you think James Allen would be unsuitable as a commentator, and that you'd prefer Ben Edwards instead. I've also taken on board that you'd like the old theme music to be used.

I'd like to assure you that we've registered your comments on our audience log. This is the internal report of audience feedback which we compile daily for all programme makers and commissioning executives within the BBC, and also their senior management. It ensures that your points, and all other comments we receive, are circulated and considered across the BBC.

I hope that you'll be happy with the coverage from 2009, and thanks very much again for taking the time to contact us.

Regards

Claire
BBC Information

Can you write back to them and ask them to make it exciting please?

Back