Facebook / Myspace

Funny you should say that Gary .... I actually cancelled my Facebook and kept the myspace:D

Found the layout of facebook very messy, and all the silly applications and gifts that amused me for 5 mins really started to pee me off when my emailbox was constantly full of 'so-and-so has sent you a drink' 'so-and-so wants to know how alike you are' yawn!

myspace.com/inaglo :D

Funny you should say that Gary .... I actually cancelled my Facebook and kept the myspace:D

Found the layout of facebook very messy, and all the silly applications and gifts that amused me for 5 mins really started to pee me off when my emailbox was constantly full of 'so-and-so has sent you a drink' 'so-and-so wants to know how alike you are' yawn!

myspace.com/inaglo :D

LOL thats the reason i got rid of myspace :)
that and i couldnt stand everyones awful blinged up pages, and being forced to listen to their music. all the virus' and spam drove me mad too.

you can set facebook to only let you know certain news and from certain people. so if you dont like all those messages you can untick the boxes, or just let certain friends send you those things.
also, if someone has an ugly page, you can remove the bits you dont like so you dont have to see them again.
i love it :)

Yeah I hate myspace.

Facebook is getting annoying now

No I dont want to know how alike we are
I dont want to be a vampire
I dont want to be your pimp

The way they manage the applications is terrible. They force you to add the application to your own facebook profile to view results of other people...thats annoying for a start

THEN they try and get you to invite all your other friends...what a load of crap.

Saying that, I do use my facebook quite a bit, its just the applications thing is terrible and is getting annoying.

Marcel ... youve gone and tempted me to reopen my Facebook ... just so I can make you my pimp! :D

I thought I already was your pimp?

Oh that reminds me, this weeks rent is late. You have until tonight.

Didnt know there was a facebook group. Though I have to admit the whole e-mail notification thing and application thing is very anoying. Wish it was just something simple, but then poeple dont want simple anymore, it has to be complicated these days.

Wish you could make your own 'style' page too, sort of free hosting like that.

www.myspace.com/cukurbag

I don't seem to have the problems you guys above have, maybe mine's just too boring for anyone to bother. Or perhaps I just don't know these things are happening or how they work, I'm not very clever with this stuff :shrug:

Any Virb users?

me me me!!! - though Firefox went mental and lost all my bookmarks :p and I havent refound my profile on there yet :p

Edit - just remembered I think you are my only friend on Virb Pete :p

P.S Whats my profile url? hehe

Its not about whether you have your own website or not though. Its social networking on a global scale. I've found old school mates and friends on there and its nice to catch up with them. I use Facebook for friends, Myspace for potential work, Virb for fun and plenty of other Web2.0 apps. I also have 2 websites :)

Skinny Pete is a female? :eek: - damn these confusing names hehe!

EDIT - though your signature/website url should have kinda given it away to me a while ago :p

I'm on myspace, twice actually.

Me: myspace.com/recklessredgirl

My band: myspace.com/recklessredband

- CJ

i cant remember min e not that i cud write it as i have no hash keys lol

i meant slash but my keyboard is broken :confused: it doesnt always work, and is missing 3 buttons

myspace just got plain annoying, freind invites from people i didnt even know in the slightest and **** bands that think because i like band "X" then ill like their band that sounds absolutely nothing like Band "x" but they think it does.

facebook is alot better, the layout is **** when people start adding xillions of ****ty aplications, and i hate the invites for apps but reading the post above ill turn them off.

Facebook, Myspace, Virb :thinking: - I don't know what you are all on about (well I do I suppose :)), but I really don't know where you find the time to go on those things.
I have enough trouble trying to keep up reading the posts on TP :D

ps, I really never have heard of 'Virb' :shrug:

Rich

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=781135577

I`ve been in contact with more old friends through Facebook than anything else.

Yeah but are they really friends???? not picking on you minky monkey just my point is if i want to keep in touch with my friends i will email or txt or call or even send a letter ( old school i know:p) i haven't joined face book or my space cos i don't want the idiots i went to school with sending me irritating s**t if they were my friends we would still be in touch! There is a reason we are not, it make take a while for both parties to remember that reason but its there!

Yeah but are they really friends???? not picking on you minky monkey just my point is if i want to keep in touch with my friends i will email or txt or call or even send a letter ( old school i know:p) i haven't joined face book or my space cos i don't want the idiots i went to school with sending me irritating s**t if they were my friends we would still be in touch! There is a reason we are not, it make take a while for both parties to remember that reason but its there!

Everyone on my Facebook list is someone I want to chat to. You only add them and let them see your info if you want to, and you can confirm how you know them too just in case you forgot :)

Back