Facebook what size should my pics be??

It would help if you said how you are sizing them now or provide a link to the problem maybe, but for internet use I save anywhere between 800 and 1000 pixels on the long side, convert to sRGB before saving.

Last edited:
I think when you upload photos to Facebook, you now get the option to upload them in High Quality.

Apparently it takes much longer but maybe worth a shout, but I don't know what they class as High Quality tho.

Hope that helps

As londonbackpackr stated above, resize the photos to no more than 1200px on the longest size - made a massive difference to photos i upload to facebook.

I normally use 960px on the long edge, but thats just an old habit as i read ages ago that was the largest size FB could take without resizing, it seem that its now possible to use larger.
Also remember that FB takes a while to display the rull res images. Even mine take a few secs to display as they should do. On a slow connection this could take even longer.

If like me you're using Lightroom, I add 20 under the sharpening settings on top of normal settings for upload elsewhere.

When it comes to the export I set long edge to 1200px, then 'sharpen for screen' to 'standard' and quality at 100%. Seems to work quite well.

Back