fake facebook ads

Name
Jeff
Edit My Images
No
there are quiet a few ads on facebook at the moment for the peak designs pocket tripod and there asking £39.99 for it via PayPal .. trouble is the real tripod retails for around £400 so this is obviously a scam , I have reported it to peak designs who supposedly are getting the ads removed .but there still on there this morning .
bloody disgusting scammers ,hope no one from here gets caught out

I got caught out with a gimbal gyro add on instagram; Supposed to be an equivalent Chinese brand, the videos looked great. However what arrived was a plastic selfie stand. Paypal dispute is open! More fool me!!!

I constantly report drone fakes. Nearly every advert for a drone is a complete ripoff of DJI’s website. Sadly a huge amount of people just don’t do their research.
sites with no address or contact numbers, only email addresses. Dodgy phone numbers etc are all giveaways.
The latest are dashcams where they have blatantly ripped off BlackVue products, they even have the same announcements when they show them starting up and mention the BlackVue power box.
Facebook won’t stop them because it’s revenue for them as well.

lesson, never buy anything through a Facebook advert.

I reported the Peak Design rip off yesterday to Facebook.

2 different sellers too for a tripod that won't ship until March 2020.

I added it to my basket but thought I'd better Google it before hitting pay now.

Good job I did.

I got an email stating "I'd left something in my basket and would I like another 20% off"?

Unbelievable.

Yeah I put in the comments on FB it was a scam ,won’t allow further comments now

Same as @redsnappa but my only interaction with Facebook was to create an account with my name, then immediately deactivate it.

I came off Facebook about 3 months ago, removed the app from my devices and have never looked back.

As soon as I watched the film on Netflix based on Cambridge Analytica, I immediately removed my Facebook profile.

I am amazed to read you can buy stuff on facebook! How do you know who you are dealing with?

Same thing with adverts for fake Lego. Most people will know it's not genuine but, some will get caught out. I've reported them before but like others have said, they just keep popping up again.

Back