Fallow Buck Juvenile

Adore the neg space Paul,just a smidge more at base for virtual legs for me some of that gorgeous russet bracken OOF would have just added a notch for me

That said
that is a stunning frame full stop !! love the lit subject against the dark BKG so much detail.you understand how picky I'm being with the first line buddy I really like this !!.

Pricket Paul.......?

Thanks Stu
I agree with your first line on reviewing the image you are right.

Just found this information on Google:-
BUCK - The male fallow deer.
PRICKET or SPIKER - A buck in its second year.
SORREL - A buck in its third year.
SOARor SORE - A buck in its fourth year.
BARE BUCK - A buck in it's fifth year
DOE - A female fallow deer.
TEG - A doe in its second year.
FAWN - A young (first year) fallow deer.
WEANER - A slightly older fawn.

Omg I will never remember them. LoL

Cheers Paul.

Beautiful image. I'd go just a little less at the top.

That said, I wouldn't mind if it were mine as is. (y)

Thanks Stu
I agree with your first line on reviewing the image you are right.

Just found this information on Google:-
BUCK - The male fallow deer.
PRICKET or SPIKER - A buck in its second year.
SORREL - A buck in its third year.
SOARor SORE - A buck in its fourth year.
BARE BUCK - A buck in it's fifth year
DOE - A female fallow deer.
TEG - A doe in its second year.
FAWN - A young (first year) fallow deer.
WEANER - A slightly older fawn.

Omg I will never remember them. LoL

Cheers Paul.
Sometimes I feel so nit picky Paul, but when a frame is as lovely as this it's worth being picky So much effort goes into a nice wildlife frame. tis worth debating the presentation

Deer nomenclature huh. :runaway: that's why there was a ?? after pricket, I was preddy sure I was right, but always question myself............

I guess.don't know it's come about so deer stalkers/ managers/ guns can be very precise when making cull choices. I'm fascinated by it Paul as with so many facets of the deer man relationship how fallow running roughshood differ to carefully managed herds how the heads differ and even the body shape, how one lot won't let me 2 fields away another I can almost sit with

whole shebang is just so interesting :)

Nothing wrong with being picky Stu, I appreciate your response and advise.
As a wildlife photographer I'm always striving for perfection and only settling for excellence.

We are all different in certain ways but working for the image and then achieving the end result is the outcome we all desire.
It may not be everyone's cup of tea but the pleasure getting there makes it all worth while.

My wife and daughters now understand light, weather, time of year, time off day breading times, migration and feeding stations ect. LoL.
The not so good thing is that my wife is now also aware of the cost of equipment and travelling all over our shores and overseas at times.

The other side is when images sell she likes that even more than me.

If your ever passing Staffs drop me a PM a coffee on me.

Bud sorry thought I replied
thanks for the lovely offer, ha if I turned up in our camper it would have to be on me I just couldn't face an energy baron robbing you when camper makes leccy for free.

Paul the lovely lovely thing in your post.your daughters.....now understand light weather time of year breeding times......

ahh mate the next gen of nature togs in the making.. I love that .....

especially lasses.... hat off :cool:

Back