Fallow Buck

Like this buddy fella is impressive. I've a real soft spot for light fallow bucks

jeepers I miss fallow Gav used to spend ages chasing them....hmm too many guns and me being sneaky sort of put paid to that. I was ok when I had one stalker to deal with. I used to be obsessed witth a local herd there numbers were huge too many mate. when a new guard of stalkers came in it became somewhat hairy. Really hard to get close too Gav they taught me a huge amount

But right now , this time of year, is really hard for me . Gav persue this.................... the fallow rut is extra ordinary, I've seen them throw each other in the air. They are astounding

Buddy not being pedantic but they be bucks not stag ;) (y)

love this bud happy memories
TFS

Like this buddy fella is impressive. I've a real soft spot for light fallow bucks

jeepers I miss fallow Gav used to spend ages chasing them....hmm too many guns and me being sneaky sort of put paid to that. I was ok when I had one stalker to deal with. I used to be obsessed witth a local herd there numbers were huge too many mate. when a new guard of stalkers came in it became somewhat hairy. Really hard to get close too Gav they taught me a huge amount

But right now , this time of year, is really hard for me . Gav persue this.................... the fallow rut is extra ordinary, I've seen them throw each other in the air. They are astounding

Buddy not being pedantic but they be bucks not stag ;) (y)

love this bud happy memories
TFS
Thank you, Stu. He is a very nice beast.

I've yet to see any Rut with Fallow, the local estate are so tight on where you can walk, I got there early and a guy in a truck tailed me for some distance :( I keep popping back, one day I'll get lucky.

Cheers for the reply and feedback, I've changed the titles :oops: :$:headbang:

Very nice where was it?
Cheers David, Woburn Estate.

It is a very limited place for photography as you can only use the public footpaths that run through the estate, security are always around to "point you" back to a path if you stray.
The paths are wide apart and the Deer tend to avoid them.
Early hours are best as the Deer move around before the local dog walkers visit.

Last edited:
I like that Gav, nice to see it's setting too. (y)

Lovely shot Gav. Perfect surroundings and very impressive antlers.

"Excellent" wildlife style capture Gav, nuff said.

He is a fine beast indeed , very few get racks like that in the wild sadly . Gav it`s a bit early for the Fallow Rut to be in full swing , often a cold snap kicks them off , still a bit warm from what I have learnt . It does seem to be a bit weather pendant , if it doesn't get cold the Fallow Rut seems to be bitty in my experience , I am only generalising , but the last two weeks of October seems to be when they peak , there will of course be scuffles leading up to it . You still got lots of time to get lucky with the Fallow I recon . I would love those Antlers when he has finished with them . :)

He is a fine beast indeed , very few get racks like that in the wild sadly . Gav it`s a bit early for the Fallow Rut to be in full swing , often a cold snap kicks them off , still a bit warm from what I have learnt . It does seem to be a bit weather pendant , if it doesn't get cold the Fallow Rut seems to be bitty in my experience , I am only generalising , but the last two weeks of October seems to be when they peak , there will of course be scuffles leading up to it . You still got lots of time to get lucky with the Fallow I recon . I would love those Antlers when he has finished with them . :)
Cheers Mark, it is still very warm here, I'm still out in a Tshirt early hours. Hopefully Autumn will catch up and things will change... or Nov Rutting ???

I'd love to find a disposed rack, but they never seem to be around... think they hire Antler fairies to collect them :LOL:

Back