Family Christmas Card

sunnyside_up

<span class="poty">POTY (Joint) 2016</span>
Name
Bethy
Edit My Images
No
These made me laugh! I love them. Wish we'd done something similar. Maybe next year, although I don't really have the space for something like this - I use half roll backgrounds.

Great set of fun shots Bethy, liking them all very much with the dog pic' clearly being my fav'.(y)

George.

What a crazyyyyyyy bunch but thats a great set of photos there, always like your style :D

Brilliant! What a great (and fun!) set! Bet you had loads of fun putting the time together.

Wow Beth ! These are sooooooo over the top and soooooo fab. It hurts that there that good. Way way above my skill level but so inspiring :)
Maybe more people will share there efforts this Christmas.

Thanks for the link.

Gaz

made me smile- which is not a bad thing, I love the dog image best of all

No1 is just scary :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Les

Thanks for all of your comments/feedback folks!

Brilliant!!! Isn't this what photography is all about???
Thanks Adam. We do love to get a bit silly at Christmas and I'm lucky that I have the kit to be able to do it... I spend way too much money on these things every year and it's not always executed correctly either, but we sure do have fun. Chris was having an exceptional amount of fun as I had to get him liquored up to get him in the green onsie. :D

These made me laugh! I love them. Wish we'd done something similar. Maybe next year, although I don't really have the space for something like this - I use half roll backgrounds.
Thanks Lee. I don't have a lot of space, however I can fit a full width roll of paper in my lounge when I move it all out... (thus my home lounge studio where I shoot my portraits). You'd be surprised at what you could do with a half roll... and sometimes you may not even need that, even use your natural surroundings? Or if you're brave enough, venture outdoors! :)

Great work @sunnyside_up Bethy.
The dogs expression is just priceless!
Haha thanks... She hated every minute of it.

Great set of fun shots Bethy, liking them all very much with the dog pic' clearly being my fav'.(y)

George.
Thanks George. Everyone loves the one of Tizzy... and she's having the least amount of fun! lol!

What a crazyyyyyyy bunch but thats a great set of photos there, always like your style :D
Thanks Graham. Much appreciated. :)

Brilliant! What a great (and fun!) set! Bet you had loads of fun putting the time together.
Thanks Graeme. We did... even my son, who's 11, played ball this year without fuss or fight. I think he's more and more developing his father's sense of humour lol. It helped that my husband had had a few beers before hand to 'lubricate his joints'. ;)

Thought you said they were tacky ;)
Thanks Dominic. Did I say tacky? I meant... garish. :D

Ha love it! Did you make the dogs outfit?

Failed miserably this year and I so wanted to do one, just left it too late.
Thanks Kris. No, sadly... although another year I probably will as the amount I spent on it just for one picture was kinda dumb. lol.
We start planning ours in the summer... well, *I* start planning it... Chris just does what he's told. :D

Awesome but I have now ruined the FB advent calendar.... dam nam it :D
Haha... yea, I did think about that ;)

Wow Beth ! These are sooooooo over the top and soooooo fab. It hurts that there that good. Way way above my skill level but so inspiring :)
Maybe more people will share there efforts this Christmas.

Thanks for the link.

Gaz
Thanks Gary. I don't know about over your skill level... I had no idea what I was doing lol. I think yours is wonderful and I think for next year I might tone it down a bit... a little less whacky... Although I have been thinking about dressing Chris up as a turkey and Ben and I carving into him...
And I think that's a great idea for next year... start a christmas themed thread for all things like this...

made me smile- which is not a bad thing, I love the dog image best of all

No1 is just scary :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Les
Haha, cheers Les.Yes, I'd have to agree... the first is the scariest. :D

Thanks Adam. We do love to get a bit silly at Christmas and I'm lucky that I have the kit to be able to do it... I spend way too much money on these things every year and it's not always executed correctly either, but we sure do have fun. Chris was having an exceptional amount of fun as I had to get him liquored up to get him in the green onsie. :D

Sounds like he got a good deal!

That's interesting that you manage to do all your amazing photos in your lounge! Our lounge is actually quite large, I've just never really thought about moving things out, at the moment things just get pushed out the way. Out of interest what sort of space do you have to work with?

That's interesting that you manage to do all your amazing photos in your lounge! Our lounge is actually quite large, I've just never really thought about moving things out, at the moment things just get pushed out the way. Out of interest what sort of space do you have to work with?
Two arm chairs to the sides, the sofa into the next room...
This is a pullback from a shoot awhile ago using a full roll of paper. Should give you an idea of the size.

Pullback by Beth Botterill, on Flickr

Two arm chairs to the sides, the sofa into the next room...
This is a pullback from a shoot awhile ago using a full roll of paper. Should give you an idea of the size.

Pullback by Beth Botterill, on Flickr

Thanks for sharing. I think we would have enough room for a full roll if we moved the sofa.

Sorry for going off topic but I just looked at your Flickr feed and realised it was you that started me off on my Lego minifigures obsession with your Good Samaritan photos over 3 years ago! I now have every single one from seasons 6-16 and working on the few I'm missing!

Back