1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Don't forget to change the clocks on your camera equipment!

Dismiss Notice
  3. It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of a long-standing member, Just Dave.

Dave Barker was a member of Talk Photography for nearly 10 years, and was a prominent member for most of those.
    A very warm, friendly and enthusiastic member, he spent the largest portion of his time on TP welcoming and helping others.

I'm sure all visitors to this site will join us in thanking Dave for his unwavering support and being a large part of our community.
    Our thoughts are with his family and friends at such a difficult time.

Click here to join in the discussion

Dismiss Notice
  1. FishyFish

FishyFish

Name:
    Nige
    Edit My Images:
    No
  2. mothdust

mothdust

Name:
    Charlotte
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
  3. Box Brownie

Box Brownie

Edit My Images:
    No
    And if this was actually for sale........................................................cynic that I am there would be (some!) people buying it. :(

4. stevelmx5

stevelmx5

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Just think of the follow up market of selling a little square of black tape to those same people to cover up the red dot they've just bought so that they look more 'street'..

TheBigYin, FishyFish and steveo_mcg like this.
  5. Box Brownie

Box Brownie

Edit My Images:
    No
    Always good to upsell................in the case of this one, where is that next sucker. :LOL:

On a more & very serious note ~ The tragic thing is in the 'real world' example that happened and had follow-on even once the scam was revealed were those fake IED detectors. I cannot recall exactly what his fate in court was but he should have been sent into 'theatre' with one of his own detectors and suffered the consequences of his crime!

6. old bloke

old bloke

Name:
    bob
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Got hundreds of these, used them on slides to indicate which way to pick them up to put them in the projector,
    never thought of this :D

7. Box Brownie

Box Brownie

Edit My Images:
    No
    Now that takes me back :)

8. Ploddles

Ploddles

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    :canon::nikon::fuji::olympus::sony::pentax: But not one for Leica. :exit:

9. StephenM

StephenM

Name:
    Stephen
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    liker.gif

Is that OK? :D

Ploddles likes this.
  10. F1.2

F1.2

Name:
    Allen
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    :D:LOL:

11. Nod

Nod Ethel Prescott

Name:
    Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    If/when I get a round tuit, I will be creating little red stickers with Likea (in an appropriate font). Oddly, it seems to be the baby X Fujis that people think are Leicas, although the X30 is missing the viewfinder window (single) so fewer people get confused.

12. ariel7515

ariel7515

Name:
    Ariel
    Edit My Images:
    Yes