FAO All Nikon D300 owners.

Dal

Is always right
Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
Just wondering if you can post up how many shutter actuations your camera has done and if you have had any problems with your camera.

(y)

Ah, thats good to hear then.

I'm just trying to find out how many I've taken with my D50 but getting a bit stuck, want to be able to work out how many clicks I might put on it.

Just over 11,400 and not a problem. Bought from advice given on here and I've not regretted it once since.

I'm just trying to find out how many I've taken with my D50 but getting a bit stuck, want to be able to work out how many clicks I might put on it.

Flickr says your last uploaded pic was number 24550....

Silly question time. How do you tell the number of actuations as I can't find an option to show me - or are you just going by photo file name number (which can be reset) ?

Silly question time. How do you tell the number of actuations as I can't find an option to show me - or are you just going by photo file name number (which can be reset) ?

You can find the number of actual shots the camera has taken (usually) from the EXIF data - something the place that sold me the "new" D40x with 3000 shots on it obviously didn't realise :naughty:

10,973. Purchased in Feb 2009 as a refurbished model with 1,700 already on the clock. Love it, no problems at all.

Although I must take it off 6fps mode!! :LOL:

I used to have a D50, and trust me, You'll put shutter acusations on much quicker on a D300, especially if you shoot at 6fps.. (also you'll want to use it all the time!)

It's a great camera, just go and buy it!

George

I used to have a D50, and trust me, You'll put shutter acusations on much quicker on a D300, especially if you shoot at 6fps.. (also you'll want to use it all the time!)

It's a great camera, just go and buy it!

George

Even more so at 8fps with a grip ;)

What are you accusing your camera of anyway? :cautious: :naughty:

I've so far done 43,759 since November 28th 2008, and also had a grip replacement since.
Still going strong as the day that I started to us it.

Mike

Count is 7,300 for me and I think it's a brilliant camera.

Just short of 20,000 for me. I've had it since about October 2008 and as others have said, loved every minute of it!

Stalker! :D

Just over 11000.

Just over 10k and no problems to report so far (y)

Actually there is another way to get 8fps as well.

But you need access to special "B" firmware. Which is hard to get hold off. But not impossible :)

Well I took the plunge on the D300 and bought Andy's one and OMFG, its incredible.

What firmware version is the latest by the way?

Well I took the plunge on the D300 and bought Andy's one and OMFG, its incredible.

Yes, it will be a lot more than your old camera... I'd suggest a lot of people have no idea exactly how much more unless they actually get to play with one for a few hours.

Enjoy!

Little update on the D300 I bought.

Only thing that bugs me is changing the number of shots that it takes, I find my meat claws are a little too big to push the button and turn the dial comfortably.

Other than that, I absolutely love it. There are so many settings to play around with, I've hardly scratched the surface.

Only thing that bugs me is changing the number of shots that it takes, I find my meat claws are a little too big to push the button and turn the dial comfortably.

I leave it in CH and learn to squeeze off single shots :D

I leave it in CH and learn to squeeze off single shots :D

I need a bit more practice for that, I seem to take several shots at once lol.

Oh, what memory card are you using aswell as I ended up buying a crappy one as it was all I could find after I bought the camera. I want to get a decent card and keep this one as a spare.

I don't suppose you know how the 3D focus tracking works aswell do you as the manual doesn't talk about it for long.

Its quite easy, the button is quite responsive.

I'm using Sandisk Extreme III's (remember don't buy from ebay!! Play or MyMemory are nice and cheap). I've got the 33's, which are plenty fast enough.

3D tracking.... hmmm I tried it, its a bit random! In theory it uses all 51 points to locate a moving subject and then tracks its path across the other AF points and can spot it moving. If you turn on the AF point illumination option and try it you will see where it thinks the subject is. Sometimes you'll see it working, other times you'll see it go loopy!

Me, I prefer to keep it under my control. Setup to 9 point AF (that will use the 9 centre cross points only, cross points being more accurate!) and then either move the switch to single point or single point with assist and use the d-pad to choose the point I want as I shoot.

Works lovely, scarcely misses a shot to be honest. The errors will all be mine!

Oh and something else you need to know if you have any VR lenses... the AF-ON button (which I suggest you want to use to activate AF and not the shutter release button!) doesn't activate VR... you still have to half depress the shutter release button.

Or just turn the poxy VR off!

Its quite easy, the button is quite responsive.

I'm using Sandisk Extreme III's (remember don't buy from ebay!! Play or MyMemory are nice and cheap). I've got the 33's, which are plenty fast enough.

3D tracking.... hmmm I tried it, its a bit random! In theory it uses all 51 points to locate a moving subject and then tracks its path across the other AF points and can spot it moving. If you turn on the AF point illumination option and try it you will see where it thinks the subject is. Sometimes you'll see it working, other times you'll see it go loopy!

Me, I prefer to keep it under my control. Setup to 9 point AF (that will use the 9 centre cross points only, cross points being more accurate!) and then either move the switch to single point or single point with assist and use the d-pad to choose the point I want as I shoot.

Works lovely, scarcely misses a shot to be honest. The errors will all be mine!

Ah, I've got pretty used to single point focus from my D50 so I'll try the 9 point focus next time I take it out.

So the 3D tracking is basically like a fancy auto focus that gives you no control, don't like the sound of that, will have to try it out though I guess.

I don't have any VR lenses, my pockets aren't deep enough for those lol.

by the way, thanks for the suggestions on where to get the card, hammerhead64 suggested that card to me aswell, it seems to be popular, it's the same price as the crappy one I bought for mine lol.

Oh and you might want to get a proper fast card reader to go with it... try the Lexar Pro - twenty of her majesty's pounds from MyMemory and means you can copy a card quicker than you can make your first brew when you come back with your shots :D

Back