faster way of computing

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi to all we currently supply 2 key rings and two fridge magnets with our school orders
they are both different sizes on 6x4 paper (so the four photos are on one 6x4 sheet)
our problem is the length of time it takes to resize ,click and drag etc on to the photoshop canvas
is there a faster way to achieve this as in a template or some thing i hope I’m explainiong myself for you to under stand
thankyou
B

Normally Adobe's InDesign is more suited for this, but if you only have Photoshop, then yes it could be done but you would need to be creative in designing your template.

If it's a single photo copied 4 times to the same image you could create a macro similar to adding a watermark. A macro will copy whatever actions you do to the photo as a process, then you can repeat the process each time by selecting the macro and basically press "play" and it will action it again. If you automate it in such a way where it saves/prints at the end and have the full adobe package you can use Adobe Bridge to process a whole folder with the macro and leave it going. I used to do this for resizing/watermarking/renaming all my trackday photos after an event

Could this be done in the print module in Lightroom?

Could this be done in the print module in Lightroom?

Assuming if the OP is paying for Photography Plan which allows them to download and install both Lightroom and Photoshop, but for all we know, they could be paying for Single App and only downloaded Photoshop.

Hi to all we currently supply 2 key rings and two fridge magnets with our school orders
they are both different sizes on 6x4 paper (so the four photos are on one 6x4 sheet)
our problem is the length of time it takes to resize ,click and drag etc on to the photoshop canvas
is there a faster way to achieve this as in a template or some thing i hope I’m explainiong myself for you to under stand
thankyou
B

First of all: You really need to give some more details. Are you talking about four same photos on one sheet, or are you talking about four different photos on one sheet? I'm going to have to take a wild guess and assume you're talking about four same photos.

You could just drag and drop the photo to the canvas, adjust it as you see fit, resize and move around and all that. Once you are happy that it is of the size you need.

On the right hand side of Photoshop, where it would show different layers. Right-click on the layer name that have this photo, select Duplicate Layer... and when a pop-up box appears, just click OK.

Hold down Shift key and click on the other layer, in order to select both of the layers, then repeat as above only once. Doing so makes two more layers. (But you're free to do it one at a time, you just need to repeat the above twice.)

After that, just select one layer and move it to its place, then select the other and move it to its place, and so on. Since they all are going to be of the same image size you need, there is no need to resize them if you have done it once in the first place.

Try this rather than drag and drop the photo, resize it, position it, then drag and drop the same photo, resize it, and so on. Just drag and drop the photo only once, resize it only once, and just make three copies of the same layer.

Last edited:
Set up an action in photo shop..................I feel a tutorial coming on :)

Hi to all sorry I have been late getting back to your reply’s and I appreciate all of them I have tried the actions button on adobe photoshop and it works I now no longer have to sit doing one at a time

Back