Fasthosts email on the iPhone?

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
I've got a Fasthosts account with an advanced mailbox. I did have everything running through Google apps but for reasons I won't bore you with I've had to go back to the original settings. Now, I've got it set up on my Mac, but I can't get it to receive mail on my iPhone (it sends fine, just won't receive).

Does anyone know what incoming settings I'd use? I've tried mail.mydomain.co.uk, mail.livemail.co.uk and mail.fasthost.co.uk, none of which work. I don't fancy paying £65 to upgrade to an exchange mailbox, the advanced is IMAP enabled, I just can't seem to get it working on the phone.

Have you synced the email account from Mac to iPhone?

have you tried imap.yourdomain.com/co.uk - I know it's that with One.com accounts.

DB

Everything's in there correctly, I'm having a bit of a nightmare anyway now with something else but ultimately I'll have to try and go back to google apps.

Cheers anyway.

Hi All - I managed to get this to work so I thought I'd pass on. Fasthosts don't seem to have any documentation detailed enough to get it to work.

If you have a domain name with email accounts say

John@mydomain.co.uk hosted with fasthosts & you want to setup on iPhone or iPad this will work. You'll need a the starter plus email account this is the replacement for the Advanced Mailbox, it is not possible to change it to an advanced mailbox now - the basic account doesn't let you send emails using fasthosts servers - they say you need to contact your ISP to send through them although again this doesn't work as most providers say BT block you unless its a Bt account.

Standard plus is about 15 £ per year.

In the mail settings on the iPhone / pad create new account & choose IMAP (not POP)

These mail settings worked for me:
Incoming server: mail.livemail.co.uk *USE PORT:143 (110 is another option given although I can't get to work)
Outgoing server: smtp.livemail.co.uk USE PORT:25 *(225 is another option given although I can't get to work)
username:email address
password :(as setup)

They say you can use mail.mydomain.co.uk for the incomIng mail server this didn't work for me, on the new standard plus account - just kept getting password error. The old "Advanced" accounts seemed more forgiving & this was ok - the port for incoming I have on my iPhone is 157 with advanced it took me ages to work out why this didnt work on a new mail setup I just did- it must be the difference in the account type although there's no info on this from fasthosts

Last edited:
Back