Favourite Landscape Photographers on Youtube

• Thread starter Deleted member 97794
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 97794

A few stand out for me, Alyn Wallace, possibly the best Astro photographer in the UK. Andy Mumford, whose work is spectacular and proves you don't need to work with a full frame sensor to get great professional images, and finally, Simon Baxter, a dedicated woodland photographer, with a deep understanding of the environment he works in.

The best ones take you along with them. I think James R Burn is perhaps the best I can think of for that. He's very personable and easy going, with a genuine love for his subject matter.

I got into a phase of watching Thomas Heaton, his videos used to be great. However, I've unsubscribed as of last week, as his videos now take a bit of a comedy approach. His styles changed a lot, which I cannot get comfortable with. Another one I used to watch is Henry Turner, a young lad from up north I believe. He takes a different approach, and talks in depth about not just the locations and photo setup. Really Stella guy too.

Last edited:
I got into a phase of watching Thomas Heaton, his videos used to be great. However, I've unsubscribed as of last week, as his videos now take a bit of a comedy approach. His styles changed a lot, which I cannot get comfortable with. Another one I used to watch is Henry Turner, a young lad from up north I believe. He takes a different approach, and talks in depth about not just the locations and photo setup. Really Stella guy too.
Yes, and I think his photography has deteriorated quite significantly over the last year or so. I rarely look at his images and think, wow!

I still watch most of Thomas Heaton's videos, but I agree there has been something missing in recent times - I think his foreign travels have distracted him from his "art" to a degree, though I still enjoy his channel as entertainment. Henry Turner is definitely entertaining and engaging, I'm not sure I'd rate him that high as a landscape photographer but his style and knowledge of his locations is appealing - I would definitely consider a 121 with him just for that. Simon Baxter definitely gives a lot of value in his videos. I like Ian Worth's channel, and a recent discovery is Darren J Spoonley, whose style and content I find excellent.

I still watch most of Thomas Heaton's videos, but I agree there has been something missing in recent times - I think his foreign travels have distracted him from his "art" to a degree, though I still enjoy his channel as entertainment.

But didn't he always do that? At least prior to the pandemic anyway. I don't like to criticise someone who is probably a lovely bloke, but he did seem to turn inwards. Even though he kept going, it just seemed like it was taking its toll on him.

I've enjoyed a lot of videos by Nigel Danson and his shots, to me, seem stellar. Henry Turner is very engaging, fun to watch and enthusiastic.

I watch less landscape photography than ever now. I guess we are all different in our tastes & likes with styles, genres, entertainment etc.... and I watch just as many film photographers as I do digital at a rough guess.

Alyn Wallace - Astro
Brae Hunziker - Film
Chris Knight - Hiking adventures
Dylan Spitz - Film/digital
Fototripper - You should know....
Grainydays - Film
Haze Outdoors - camping adventures
James Popsys - Digital
John Ludwick - Car building
John Rutter - Astro
Kyle McDougall - Mainly Film
Michael Shainblum - Obvious
Nightride - Cars
Peter McKinnon - Obvious
Scotlands Mountains - Camping adventures
Simon Baxter - Obvious
Teulu Tribe - Boat Life Travel
Thomas Heaton - Obvious
Willem Verbeeck - Film

Phew....... As you can tell, I don't watch much TV :) And that isn't 'everyone' that I subscribe too either, just the main ones.

Quite a few of the popular people I have left behind.... Nigel always seems to be "Top Tips" clickbate stuff & too much studio based chatting. His photography is great though, I do follow his images. Henry is just too hyper & over enthusiastic to watch....

Henry Turner, a young lad from up north I believe. He takes a different approach, and talks in depth about not just the locations and photo setup. Really Stella guy too.
Yes, nice guy, not a fan of his photography though.

But didn't he always do that? At least prior to the pandemic anyway. I don't like to criticise someone who is probably a lovely bloke, but he did seem to turn inwards. Even though he kept going, it just seemed like it was taking its toll on him.
To me, there was a very distinct change in his style to ultra minimalist, and I think his photography is worse for it.

Andy Mumford, whose work is spectacular

Andy's channel is great. Brilliant photos and very informative.

Steve O'nions is my favourite YouTube photographer. Mostly film based but a really good photographer who's enjoyment of his hobby is plain to see in his videos.

Grainydays is brilliantly entertaining - great sense of humour.

Last edited:
To me, there was a very distinct change in his style to ultra minimalist, and I think his photography is worse for it.

I get what you mean.

I used to really enjoy his videos and photography, now not so much, I don't see the point of travelling hundreds of miles just to photograph a leaf that could just as easily be in his back garden....

Each to their own.

Back