favourite motorpsort picture

Name
danial
Edit My Images
Yes
hey guys, thought id start a fave motosport pic.
the picture has got to be a picture that makes ya wanna look at it over and over again, wether it be an action shot or just a plain ol boring shot, also if the picture has that special something about it...... entirely upto you all... hers one of my fave pics that i took on the rdp welsh rally...

julianreynolds1.jpg

Last edited:
Zilly that is lovely but I wish i could see the whole of the iroon bars, sory don't know the technical name for them.
even now it still is a wonderful shot

Not an action shot, but a candid shot of a youngish british drag racer (and friend) Jay Upton, admiring the engineering of a fellow drag racers bike. Jay went on to miss out on the British Drag Bike Championship 1 year by just 1 point. Later he emigrated to Australia, where he went on to become the Australian Drag Bike champion, and still races to this day. My photo dates back to about 1976. It remains one of my all time favourite photos.

pegasus_jay.jpg

Zilly that is lovely but I wish i could see the whole of the iroon bars, sory don't know the technical name for them.
even now it still is a wonderful shot

Leaving the wheelie bars on pushing the vette to far into the center of the frame and off balances the entire frame.

Kelv6 - that is a really cool shot. Shows alot, and the age of the photo adds to it. That moment from 1976 captured forever.

Thanks. Jay was kneeling there for some time, sucking on a lollipop (like he did).
I was about 20 or 30 feet away in my tent when I spotted him admiring 'Pegasus' a double Norton engined powered drag bike. I grabbed my camera and watched for a while, focussing on him and waiting for the right expression, the wait i think was well worth it. The original was shot onto Agfachrome 35mm slide film.

Kelv

This is my favourite I guess, I really have 3 that I like equally and cant really decide between.

3237495751_27b705aab1_o.jpg

Ive got loads i love, and a good number printed, but this one still stands out for me.

Right place right time and a rare creative moment :LOL:

540658527_tQ9J6-L.jpg

Last edited:
sum nice photos bein posted... post as ,many pics as u like as there are sum great shots there already

Currently my desktop wallpaper. My favourite changes all the time, with different events and when I try new things and they work

3538654801_469968eacb.jpg

Took this today at Silverstone, Formula Palmer Audi Race 2, of Thiago Calvet, getting it wrong exiting Becketts corner, and going into a big Puddle of water, got it was my Desktop Wallpaper, Not my best shot ever, but my fav :)

3605142164_2c572a07e7_o.jpg

My favourite shot although not technically all that, i think is a very rare shot for me.

At the time i was walking through the pits at santa pod so had a short lens on when i heard the unmistakeable bang of an engine going pop. I span round and managed to get a couple, though it has had the life cropped out of it i still like it.

Image00078.jpg

For those of you who have been to the pod, you will realise there is something not quite right about the direction of travel.

This is a great thread with awsome photos, the ones that stand out for me are KelV6 for a fantastic historic photo, nikonD60maty for an awsome panning shot, flem just wow, Digitall about to run away.

guys if ya got a couple of faves then post em up as they r all welcome.... a brief explanation of why its ** fave photo may help the thread... keep it up guys!!!!

I still like this one lots, when you view it at full resolution you can count the stitches etc :).

It was taken from the first corner at Snetterton, the bikes were going a *bit* quick.

bike_snet.jpg

God, where do you start. I've got so many that for one reason or another are 'favorites' but these ones are somewhere near the top of my list....

#1 the only time I've ever managed to do a 'zoom burst' and get it right...
IMG_0086.jpg

#2 This was the first time I'd taken any rally shots and I like the way you can see the spectators trying to protect them selves from getting pebbledashed....
IMG_4632.jpg

#3 nothing spectacular about this one other than the fact that I finally managed to get into the pit lane at an F1 test session :woot:
img_9819_800.jpg

sorry about there being 3 but I just could narrow it down any further...

Last edited:
ok here's the second of my fav. motorsport pictures :p

2123492664_790eea868d_o.jpg

Sebastian Loeb on the Ballintempo stage of Rally Ireland 2007.

Mine at the moment bit different.

RIC17894copy.jpg

785 views an no more than roughly 35 pics, cum on guys ya know ya got a fave piccy sumwhere!!!

Hi there,

I have taken tens of thousands of pics over the last few years and this is still one of my favourites:-

IMG_8452a.jpg

Not a dramatic photo in the sense of action, speed etc but for historys sake its a stunner.

In the photo you have the Le Mans winning Jaguar XJR-9, rare Jaguar XJ13, Jaguar C Type and Jaguar D Type on track at the same time.

Regards

Tim

Back