favourite motorpsort picture

got so many favourites, but this is the first one i just found on my gallery

img_7992_20090328_2055489825.jpg

Mole2k - both of those shots are gorgeous, really outstanding work there.

No idea what I'd rank as my fave shot of my own stuff, I can tell you what others think but after a while I'm always a bit fed up with my shots!

few favourites of mine.

#1 Markko Martin.
MARKOforFlickr.jpg

#2 Tim Mason.
TIMMASON.jpg

Baldy.

Last edited:
Ok, well to keep this on the front page here's the third shot of my trio of favourite shots. I can never really decide between them.

2123485426_1cf4766f29_o.jpg

This piccy is sooo old - taken with a Fuji Finepix S3600 I think.

Japfest about 4 years ago - the car went onto stop infront of us and busrt into flames :(

DSCF1664.jpg

God, where do you start. I've got so many that for one reason or another are 'favorites' but these ones are somewhere near the top of my list....

#1 the only time I've ever managed to do a 'zoom burst' and get it right...
IMG_0086.jpg

#2 This was the first time I'd taken any rally shots and I like the way you can see the spectators trying to protect them selves from getting pebbledashed....
IMG_4632.jpg

#3 nothing spectacular about this one other than the fact that I finally managed to get into the pit lane at an F1 test session :woot:
img_9819_800.jpg

sorry about there being 3 but I just could narrow it down any further...

Very well detailed and stunning shot, were you press or just have a pass to get their?

Some great shots here. Good stuff people! :)

Ah, this is a tough one. Here are three of my favourites, that are a bit out of the ordinary.

144_4434.JPG

IMG_0698-2nd-edit.jpg

IMG_0029.JPG

Since i've already done my top 3 I'll just put up the occasional other image I like.

2242357964_4e565808dd_o.jpg

SL79 that first photo has been playing havoc with my eyes :) it looks like its going to jump out at me. Can you give me a clue how you got that effect it's awesome. I love this thread there are some real beauties.

SL79 that first photo has been playing havoc with my eyes :) it looks like its going to jump out at me. Can you give me a clue how you got that effect it's awesome. I love this thread there are some real beauties.

Don't stare at it... it's like looking into the trap in Ghostbusters. :LOL:

Here's the EXiF data on it...

ISO: 200
Exposure: 1/20 sec
Aperture: 22.0
Focal Length: 30mm

It was done with "zoom burst". This was taken at the start line of the Kuohu stage in the Finnish Rally back in 2005. The car was parked up waiting for it's slot. I was playing about with the idea and took a few shots like this. Started out at 55mm and zoomed it, whilst shooting. Needs a reasonably steady hand and a few attempts to get it right, but the car wasn't going anywhere in a hurry!! Thanks for the compliments on it!! :D

Scott

Last edited:
There aren't enough bikes in this thread so here's one of my favourites.

Michael Rutter at last years BSB round at Cadwell Park.

3717a.jpg

Not an action shot, but a candid shot of a youngish british drag racer (and friend) Jay Upton, admiring the engineering of a fellow drag racers bike. Jay went on to miss out on the British Drag Bike Championship 1 year by just 1 point. Later he emigrated to Australia, where he went on to become the Australian Drag Bike champion, and still races to this day. My photo dates back to about 1976. It remains one of my all time favourite photos.

pegasus_jay.jpg

Only just come across this thread, I love this pic. Superb ! :clap:

got so many favourites, but this is the first one i just found on my gallery

img_7992_20090328_2055489825.jpg

Not sure what it is (Le Mans car maybe?), but I really like it. It almost looks like the kind of painting I'd like hung on my office wall.
Great :clap:

Not so much an action shot but James Toseland deep in thought on the grid at the WSBK at Donny 07.

JT.jpg

I like these because it's the first and only time I've taken motorsport photos. They're not perfect and way off the pace of some of the other stuff I've seen in this sub-forum, but they have a sentimental value for me. Taken with a kit lens too. :confused:

Hoping to improve with each successive outing from now on. :)
Ian

Not an action shot, but a candid shot of a youngish british drag racer (and friend) Jay Upton, admiring the engineering of a fellow drag racers bike. Jay went on to miss out on the British Drag Bike Championship 1 year by just 1 point. Later he emigrated to Australia, where he went on to become the Australian Drag Bike champion, and still races to this day. My photo dates back to about 1976. It remains one of my all time favourite photos.

pegasus_jay.jpg

This is a great shot, I found it very thought provoking.

Ok this is mine, Ron Haslam @ Donnington Park :)

(he was moving by the way)

3736661872_64b47066ca_m.jpg

Here's a recent one from me.

3714524554_c4f4b89a75_o.jpg

Back