Favourite Photography Handbook

Edit My Images
No
Can anyone recommend a intermediate to advanced Photography Handbook that has been published in the last five years and is suitable for a Fujifilm Finepix "Bridging Camera " S100FS user who want to improve his picture taking technique?

Have to agree with jackbauer, I just bought understanding exposure and it's fast becoming my bible, think I'll be carrying it with me at all times, although it's mainly exposure orientated, it sure as hell helps your overall understanding of how to use your camera and improve your photography, whether you're using digital or film, same basic rules apply.

Thanks, I'll pop into the library later to see if I can get a preview of it. Any others? I find most photography books seem to fall into three categories.

1: Those that a crammed with superb images that tend to intimidate me rather than inspire and little meaty 'how to' text and diagrams.....or

2: Books that spend the first third 'helping' you to choose your camera before getting started, and the final third showing you how to doctor your images till they are unreal in your 'pirated' version of Photoshop.

I want something that shows me how to USE my bridging camera more effectively and confidently and is such a way that apart from a bit of cropping and leveling on the computer I get what I want.

Again, understanding exposure is a great book, the author puts things into layman's terms so just about anyone can understand it.

He also has little 'exersise' sections in the book so you can set it down and have a fiddle with the camera just to reinforce what you've learned before you move onto the next section.

Back