FED UP.......

Glen

Uncle Glen
Name
Glen
Edit My Images
Yes
Well, fed up/p***ed off/angry/and anything else to boot..:( :bang: :crying:

As some of you might remember I sold my old car 2 weeks ago and picked up my nice shinny new one on the 2nd of May. I had been meaning to post a couple of pics in the style of some of the nice car (HDR effects) pics that have been flying around the past couple of weeks. But, I had a slight gliche with the rear drivers side window not working and the double locking not flashing, thought it was me at first so popped off to the dealer this morning, low and behold a blown fuse causing both, :clap: (y) sorted.

Driving back, stopped at a T junction no more than 100yrds away from my house, waiting for a gap to turn right, when a car in the road in front of me turning into the road I was on, decided to go for a gap that was a bit too small, thus the trannie van coming from my right hit him, full on the passenger side of his car, which then resulted in him being pushed rather forcefully onto the front of me, ********* GREAT!!:eek:

To say I was miffed would be the most none abusive/swearing way I could put it. I've only done 400 chuffing miles!!! Also my neck is a bit stiff and sore, so booked into the quacks in the morning, hopefully nothing too serious.

Well just thought I'd share it, trouble halfed and all that.
Sorry for the essay!:bonk:

Can't wait to finish work at 9pm and sink a LARGE glass of wine, 'cause I bloody need it.

And just the one glass of vino?? :D

Proberbly not.....:LOL: (Phones wife to double check, yep 19 bottles, that should keep me going)

Thanks for the support guys, can always rely on the gang :woot:

That's terrible luck mate, hope you neck isn't serious.

What's the damage like? Any idea how much it will cost? I take it the insurance will sort it.

Panzer

If you stand about 20 ft away you can't tell, but if you go up to the front bumper, its all stratched, fog light enclosure knackered, number plate broken, mount for bumper behind the grill broken, grill and surround defunct, chip on the bonnet, drivers side of bumper and light pushed back about 10mm ish, scratched drivers front light lens (though this might have been Janice :LOL: :help: ) So not alot to look at but quotes comming in at £400 plus just for paint and labour, got to add on Ford parts ie new bumper, grill, light, various plastic bits, so I don't see much change out of £600 I think.

Yes all under insurance I have to pay £60, but that gets claimed back along with any other costs I incur as a result of being off the road etc....

Will post a pic later.

Its just a little scratch then Glen, mine keeps getting scratched in Morisons car park i hat people that dink yer car and sod of without saying anything hope it gets sorted Ok

Keep your chin up Glen, however gutting and a big inconvience it might be the car can be repaired easily enough, it could have been a lot worse.

If you stand about 20 ft away you can't tell, but if you go up to the front bumper, its all stratched, fog light enclosure knackered, number plate broken, mount for bumper behind the grill broken, grill and surround defunct, chip on the bonnet, drivers side of bumper and light pushed back about 10mm ish, scratched drivers front light lens (though this might have been Janice :LOL: :help: ) So not alot to look at but quotes comming in at £400 plus just for paint and labour, got to add on Ford parts ie new bumper, grill, light, various plastic bits, so I don't see much change out of £600 I think.

Yes all under insurance I have to pay £60, but that gets claimed back along with any other costs I incur as a result of being off the road etc....

Will post a pic later.

That is just b******s luck :razz:

Hope you are enjoying the wine by now and things don't seem so bad just now through the haze (y)

tough break Glen, i hope you get it sorted soon mate

buu huu... nofair!

I want someone to do that to me then they can fix my banged up panels (my fault ages ago.. duhh)

I can guess you are totally gutted.

Hope the neck's OK Glen. Bummer about the car mate.... I'm driving on egg shells at the moment with some of the numpties out there.

Sorry to hear about your shiny new car.... what a bummer. Hope your neck is ok.

Don't you mean 'Bumper' Min.....:LOL:

Thanks for the support again, I know its not life treatening, but its a real 'Bumper'

I should have saved my wedge and got a couple of 1 DSMKII and a few bits of Grey Glass instead......:crying:

Tis hopefully, a slightly worn :LOL:

Ford Focus Titanium with 'X'Pack and Bluetooth.

Out with the old....

old.jpg

In with the new....

new.jpg

And this is what you end up with.....

poop.jpg

Thats a real p1$$er Glen! I hope it all gets sorted soon

I have to say that could have been a lot worse Glen, although the price for a job like that can soon mount up. :(

Too true CT, when I was in the car it took about 3 seconds from start to finish to happen, and I just didn't want to get out, I had an image of the whole front end caved in :(

Too true CT, when I was in the car it took about 3 seconds from start to finish to happen, and I just didn't want to get out, I had an image of the whole front end caved in :(

I know that feeling, my current car which was only a few months old decided to take a trip by itself and roll down the bank outside of my house. The handbrake failed and I just noticed the front of the car disappearing as I looked out the window. I ran out of the house and chased it down the bank, then watched it mount the path and straight into a telegraph pole. I just stopped for a second in disbelief before looking at where it had hit the pole, expecting the car to have a giant crease in the back. Amazingly there was only a minor scratch and some small stress cracks on the bumper :thinking: :shrug: and the next day BT turned up to replace the telegraph pole. Overall I will never be so lucky and always park the car in gear.

Glen

I've been killing a Titanium focii for the last month as my own is poorly again...been camped in a dealers for a month so far this time.....your welcome to come and nick bits off their car ;)

Sorry to hear this happened mate :( Make an issue of your neck with the insurance though. When I had my accident in January I had a stiff neck for a while, told the insurance company, they got a PI solicitor to ring me. All I did was tell him it was a bit stiff for a couple of days (my neck, Janice ;)) but no big deal - the next thing I know the 3rd party insurers offered me £1000 to settle out of court (y) I hadn't even filed a claim :D Obviously being the prudent sort I put it straight into a high interest building society account...........nah sod that, straight to Kerso for a 100-400 :LOL:

Good luck with it mate :)

Sorry to hear this happened mate :( Make an issue of your neck with the insurance though. When I had my accident in January I had a stiff neck for a while, told the insurance company, they got a PI solicitor to ring me. All I did was tell him it was a bit stiff for a couple of days (my neck, Janice ;)) but no big deal - the next thing I know the 3rd party insurers offered me £1000 to settle out of court (y) I hadn't even filed a claim :D Obviously being the prudent sort I put it straight into a high interest building society account...........nah sod that, straight to Kerso for a 100-400 :LOL:

Good luck with it mate :)

Its fraudulent claims like this that keep my (never even claimed in 20 years policy) so high.

Who is the mug?

Its fraudulent claims like this that keep my (never even claimed in 20 years policy) so high.

Who is the mug?

The mug may well be the guy who thinks like you do at the moment and then ends up suffering his whole life attending a chiropracter because he didn't get it sorted properley in the first place!
I don't advocate PI lawyers they only in it for their own gain, but you may wanna see a chiro and make sure, you get no sympathy in later life cos you felt a touch of human kindness to insurance firms. Soapbox rested !!! :nono:

Neck feels less stiff than yesterday, but still a bit 'tweaky'.
Been to the docs for a checkup, she explained about the whole thing gets strecthed etc...she said keep an eye on it and see how it goes.

The mug may well be the guy who thinks like you do at the moment and then ends up suffering his whole life attending a chiropracter because he didn't get it sorted properley in the first place!
I don't advocate PI lawyers they only in it for their own gain, but you may wanna see a chiro and make sure, you get no sympathy in later life cos you felt a touch of human kindness to insurance firms. Soapbox rested !!! :nono:

Actually being in the sports injury business I know a little more about stiff necks than most.

A chiropractor may indeed find that you have a stiff neck but what he/she cannot prove is how the stiff neck occurred.

80% of stiff necks are caused by the wrong type of sleeping pillows, 10% by not sitting correctly, 7% by sports injuries, 2.5% by accidents (car/work/fights etc) and not least .5% by my wife having her thumb firmly planted on my head. (years of abuse add up)

Insurance is a scam in which I have to pay.

Soapbox not high enough to reach the scroats in the world.

Nuff said.

I don't like chiropractors anyway the thought of cracking bones and things, I had a fractured spine when I was younger and with various operations, touch wood :thinking: , I've been OK for many years, its just when things happen in my spinal region, be it top or bottom I get a bit paranoid :eek:

Sorry to hear the news mate, but look on the bright side , the car can
be fixed, but the injury could have been a lot worse.
Hope both are sorted soon.(y)

thanks again, feeling a lot more upbeat today, as everyone has said, cars get fixed and could have been worse, I could have been driving up the road and he pulled if front of me :eek: :nono:

Who is the mug?

Bit harsh there Nuffink. No-one's suggesting that Glen should disregard any potential problems - you should ALWAYS get any stiffness or soreness in neck or back checked after anything like this. I think the point being made though was that there are a lot of people out there who milk situations like this for all they are worth - what it Gary Bagshawe from here who had a problem with this a while back? He has a very slow speed bump and next thing he knew the woman in the car was clutching her neck and screaming whiplash when he's basically just rolled into her barely moving!

Really sorry to hear about the car Glen - such rough luck. Hope the claim through the insurance all goes smoothly and your pride & joy is back looking wonderful again soon. I have to say for a Ford those Titatniums aren't bad looking cars.

It was Pete going to a college to do a photo shoot and yes like he said he was reversing over a speed bump into the end of the drive when the woman pulled into the drive without even looking, think that was it.

Thanks Witch, yes for a Ford they are very good, build quality at least on mine is great easily on par if not better with VW/Audi.

Back