Feedback required on this shot

Name
Bruce
Edit My Images
Yes
Would like some feedback on this shot from a lighting point of view.

I am pretty happy with it but what can be done to improve.

D2.jpg

i think the image is great what a looker!

No comments about the lighting and the people in the far background aren't a problem, except that grey head popping up bottom left - which is incredibly distracting.

No comments about the lighting and the people in the far background aren't a problem, except that grey head popping up bottom left - which is incredibly distracting.

Noted and can't take my eyes off it now:razz:

St Andrews on a Monday full of old people!

From a lighting point of view it looks spot on to me. What do you think?

The idea with this kind of strobistness is usually to get nice light on the face and a bit of drama in the sky/background. It would be interesting to see a series of shots at different shutter speeds to see how this varies. You might then prefer lighter or darker, but that's subjective.

Lighting looks fine to me on the subject. His left eye is a bit dull compared to the right, but I wont hold that against him :LOL:

Nice shot. If you wanted to be uber critical you could say the nose shadow could be lifted by a tiny little fill from camera left and that the hair has lost definition so could be helped with a snooted flash for rim.

That's being anal though, it's great :D

Nice shot. If you wanted to be uber critical you could say the nose shadow could be lifted by a tiny little fill from camera left and that the hair has lost definition so could be helped with a snooted flash for rim.

That's being anal though, it's great :D

I did wonder if anyone would pick up on that shadow I noticed it and it bugged me slightly

Lighting looks fine to me on the subject. His left eye is a bit dull compared to the right, but I wont hold that against him :LOL:

Not sure why this has happened I am sure its shot at F7.

From a lighting point of view it looks spot on to me. What do you think?

The idea with this kind of strobistness is usually to get nice light on the face and a bit of drama in the sky/background. It would be interesting to see a series of shots at different shutter speeds to see how this varies. You might then prefer lighter or darker, but that's subjective.

Hoppy that is exactly what we were doing, don't often get the chance but we just set up the flash and just experimented with different settings TTL, dialling in FEC etc.

Thanks all for the feedback we are both happy with the way out lighting and togging is progressing

Could have had a shave!
Why do some men think it is macho to have four days growth on their faces ? It`s not just the yobs you see walking around but it happens on TV when a so called celebrity is being interviewed.

Why do some men think it is macho to have four days growth on their faces ? It`s not just the yobs you see walking around but it happens on TV when a so called celebrity is being interviewed.

Nothing wrong with a bit of stubble... my girlfriend insists in it!

Back