FeisolUK not great news

Name
nik
Edit My Images
No
hi guys i am looking at their tripods and dropped them a line about when they are restocking, here's the reply i got. not great news and hopefully they bounce back. they are cheaper than importing so might be worth grabbing one now if the model you want is still in stock.

" Hi, Due to significant currency fluctuations we are currently re-evaluating our business viability and will not be re-stocking for the foreseeable future.
Regards, John - FeisolUK - Customer service"

i will do, I just thought it was a shame, and people might want to know. They are separate company's selling, not different branches of a big multinational. its a tog who set up selling as the UK importer.

Bad news indeed for anyone in international trade.

Any current stock was purchased at a known price
that promised a good market penetration through
adequate positioning in the retail price structure and
thus an acceptable profit for the importers.

The recent difficulties of the UK£ on the markets is
taking away those promises, meaning the all future
reorders will come at a higher price in UK£ and risk
for any consumer goods importers.

Translated from my French thinking brain so sorry for
possible terminology misusage.

very well worded Kodiak, i dont think this will be the only small company with this mind set

very well worded Kodiak

Thanks Nick… I was so afraid to post as this is not
a field where I express my thoughts frequently! :)

FYI…

Attachments

• £ chart.jpg
    £ chart.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 31
Why not try their European site?

On the short term, Robert, it will make no difference
as one from UK will still have to pay with a weaker
currency.

Maybe Feisol UK will change their mind if the UK£
straightens up… sharply and quickly!

unless its changed since 2 days ago the tripod i was looking at for £270 in the uk will be £350 to import

Why not try a wanted ad in classifieds? You may be lucky.
to be honest i wasn't posting for advice on how to buy one, i am big and ugly enough to sort that:(:D
just i thought it was a shame that this company is not doing well and thought others might be interested

Pity, had good service from John and I wonder if he will continue to provide a servicing/spares facility :thinking:

Well, all tripods (and just about everything else) is imported so the same problem will apply to every other brand too, it's the inevitable result of voting to leave the EU.

Well, all tripods (and just about everything else) is imported so the same problem will apply to every other brand too, it's the inevitable result of voting to leave the EU.
yep- one of many reasons i think vote leave was soooooo wrong for the uk, but we shall leave that one for the commons section i guess

Maybe 2 years after article 50, it will be much cheaper thanks to a strong pound... Nobody knows

Maybe we should adopt the euro as our currency, do we have to be in the EU for that?

Back