Film camera pool

Ambermile

A Whole Lot of Sparkle..
Name
Arthur
Edit My Images
No
Anyone up for this? Basically, I have a few cameras that I don't use/don't have time to use/don't want to use that I am reasonably happy loaning out for a week or so to let others try them out to see if the style is for them. This is in no way meant to be a sale thing, just a test drive. If you like the camera then go buy one - I want mine back!

Seems a nice way to try out a camera before purchase ot just to try something different. I did mention this a while ago and Nick was the only one that took advantage... maybe my toys were not good enough then.

Anyone else care to join in? If so we can get a nice little collection going for people to dip into. I am proposing that all postage should be covered by the recipient here as that seems fairest, and there would need to be an undertaking to replace/reimburse the owners in case of any unforeseen dramas...

Waddya say?

Sounds like a cracking idea Arthur, I have a fair few that I would be happy to lend. I really enjoyed borrowing your Minox, I also tried Ujjwal's Ricoh 500 and am about to lend him my Yashica 635. It could work very well and as you say Arthur it's a great way to try before you buy!

PS If anyone has the 35mm adapter for the 635 I'd be very interested.

Indeed.

Nick, I think I saw a 35mm adapter listed on one of the shops. I'll see which one

BTW, I have got a very interesting solution in my search for AF camera. Contax made a AF camera which can take all its manual lens and turn it into AF. Basically it moves the film back and forth instead of the lens glass. Amazing solution really. So any C/Y mount manual lens ( or indeed any other lens with an adapter) can become AF

I can then keep and use all my Zeiss MF glass and use it as AF if I want to. Only Zeiss can execute such a solution. The bugger is heavy though, over 1 kg without batteries.

Rather than putting up a list of cameras though how about having potential borrowers just ask if anyone has a particular model available?

I'd absolutely love this... I have a Minolta Dynax 4, a lomo action sampler and a lomo fisheye 2. So nothing spectacular or amazing but fun all the same :)

Rather than putting up a list of cameras though how about having potential borrowers just ask if anyone has a particular model available?

Contax AX anyone? :D

No seriously, if anyone has it, I'll put down a deposit to get to use it ( to cover any potential damage)

anyone have a vintage hasselblad? I would be grateful to try one out for a week or two. I'll also pay postage to Liechtenstein :D

Know what? If I had one I'd be using it, not loaning it out!

What about a Diana F+ or Diana Mini? I've been looking at buying one.
Or any pinhole camera? Leica?

Did anything ever come of this? I certainly have a few cameras I wouldn't mind loaning out that I'm not using, but I don't think I'd include my leica in that list. It seems like a great idea in potential, and with all the users on here there must be lots of kit left dormant that just isn't getting used

I've only just seen this and yeah it's a great idea. I've a few cameras at the moment and am likely to add a few more older bits and pieces in the near future.

I'd like to try expensive lenses but I don't think that would catch on esp as my most expensive 35mm lens on offer for the pool was £25 ;)

I don't this would work so well with expensive stuff but could be ok for sub £50 or £100 stuff I think.

Back