Film Challenge 02 Discussion

4752688704_db5949b1bb_b.jpg

Boy, the chap in the white shirt was at the front of the queue when they handed them out wasn't he :LOL:

Yep, thats 'Big' Terry as he's known at the Methodist Chapel Bowling club. Very popular I believe....:naughty:

Andy

Ok I just realised it was the last day today for this challenge!

So it was Double or Nothing. Taken on my OM10 with a 50mm macro at f3.5 1/125 on Kodak Portra 160VC

5085887349_f3ec161d91_b.jpg

Ah - double doubles.

I liked the idea, we've had some lovely pears on the tree this year, but this image is the best of a bad bunch, I really should have put the normal 50mm on as the light wasn't bright enough for the macro today.

Never mind I know where I went wrong and can try again, it's all learning ;)

Well, that's me stuffed... the film I shot from which I hoped to use a frame for this challenge turned out to be an already-exposed film from Spring this year... dammit. What it meant was that my attempts at doing a couple of double exposures (amongst other things) are now triples! The images along the strip are a bit weird since the original was exposed at a star party and Gt Yarmouth Pleasure Beach while the recent exposures were mostly in and around the workshop... Sadly it does mean I have no pic to enter I am afraid... feeling a bit miffed actually :(

Why Double? Well, it's a neat way of widening options for everyone but originally the idea came from the oldest post in F+C - which handily is about multiple exposures. Changing it to Double means you can do double exposure if you like, or just go out and shoot a couple of cabbages :D

Well, that's me stuffed... the film I shot from which I hoped to use a frame for this challenge turned out to be an already-exposed film from Spring this year... dammit. What it meant was that my attempts at doing a couple of double exposures (amongst other things) are now triples! The images along the strip are a bit weird since the original was exposed at a star party and Gt Yarmouth Pleasure Beach while the recent exposures were mostly in and around the workshop... Sadly it does mean I have no pic to enter I am afraid... feeling a bit miffed actually :(

well - by my count a triple exposure is a multiple exposure... so it's in-keeping with the original spirit of things :shrug:

and Anyway - i'd like to see a workshop-cum-pleasure beach combination shot :LOL:

Last edited:
well - by my count a triple exposure is a multiple exposure... so it's in-keeping with the original spirit of things :shrug:

and Anyway - i'd like to see a workshop-cum-pleasure beach combination shot :LOL:

Yes I second that, get a workshop/pleasure beach image up there ;)

We've got to keep this film challenge up, we've been allowed to do by our lovely moderators (kiss Kiss) so if we don't participate we'll end up losing it.

got film developed but the scanner at snappy snaps was out of action :( my diy bodged macro slide duplicator didn't work either :( :(

Thanks for noticing, pepper, have been thinking of posting for a while. I even had a choice of shots, with this letter of the alphabet as my other choice:

5087256471_66ae095921_b.jpg

taken at a Sheep fair at the end of September on OM10 with xp2.

Guys, if I post one now it's too late, if I use an old one it's against the rules. Here though is the sort of thing I got - I actually love the serendipity of the sails, the fan, the "Dream" and the workers!

double-crud.jpg

I guess I should but I don't appear to have that option available to me...

Wrapping up a Retina I expect... I'll drop a nudge in her direction
poke2.gif

You're actually the second one to bring that to our attention this evening. I've asked Admin to look into it.

Happy to do it for you, you want multiple votes or one vote per person? Do you want another thread or a poll adding to this one?

If you can add it to the pic thread please, one vote per person, that should be fine (y)

BTW, the poll issue has been resolved so you should be ok to create polls going forward. (y)

is it entrants only can vote ? or open voting ?

... Might have to enter next challenge :help:

The more the merrier Yv, looks like we could do with encouraging a few more entries... :naughty: Though of course, that all depends on Joxby coming up with a topic for 03 :)

I'm pretty sure that nobody in here would be THAT sad!

erm I thought it was going to be sorted out that we can have more than one vote (isn't that proportional representation) ...I can't seperate two (like the last contest) so can't vote, :shrug:

It would help a little if it were stickified at the top of the forum too, you know we've got to push things a little while all these mods are looking in ;)

Oh and Yv, goes hic ;)

Not yet Richard! :p

As far as I can tell, once its set as single vote, that can't be changed. However, stickied [someone remind me to unsticky at the end please]

A small idea that you may or may not like, but worth mentioning for the next challenge - post it, or at least link to it if you can't bear having outside of here, in the competitions area. Gives a wider coverage to other forum members who may not have ventured in here or even noticed there is an F&C forum and boost entries. ;)

May be an idea Yv, but it took two months to make people *in here* realise they had a seperate discussion thread :LOL:

One man, one vote. That's how I like it.

Mr X - you certainly got a single-minded opinion on most other things, surely you can decide on a preference between a few pictures?

Mr X - you certainly got a single-minded opinion on most other things, surely you can decide on a preference between a few pictures?

LOL Well as I said before:- I know what I like but that is not being impartial....if someone had put a pic up of beautiful scanty dressed dolly bird twins, raging hormones of the younguns would have made it the winner :LOL:

Back