Film Challenge 02 Discussion

Ambermile

A Whole Lot of Sparkle..
Name
Arthur
Edit My Images
No
Please use this thread for discussing the Second F+C Film Challenge.

Please post images in the Film Photo Challenge 02 thread

Why Double? Well, it's a neat way of widening options for everyone but originally the idea came from the oldest post in F+C - which handily is about multiple exposures. Changing it to Double means you can do double exposure if you like, or just go out and shoot a couple of cabbages :D

Last edited:
Great challenge Arthur as its something I have never done before and I have been meaning to do it for a while. I assume it can be anything that resolves around "double" not just multiple exposures...

Hell yeah - that's why I chose it - the idea came from the m/e thing but "upgrading" it to double makes it much *much* wider and hopefully a little easier and more likely to get a few more entries :LOL:

:D

Ok, but could it be two negatives joined together to form one entry, be it two side by side or joined together...

Don't see why not - if you can justify it then it's in. Just try not to use *too* big a crowbar :nono:

<mystic meg> I see the re-emergeance of the Holga </mystic_meg>

Like this one Arthur - I won't have to deal with people again (y)

I'm not doing twins again - actually, I didn't realise I was doing twins at the time, thought I was just doing the one but they used to alternate...:naughty:

Ooerr Missus, thats a bit saucy.....:naughty:

I like this challenge leaves room for some lateral thinking.

Andy

Doubles? Hey I've got one...spot the difference?

spot-the-difference.jpg

Right - thats this months POTY shot out of the way - now I can start thinking about this one... :)

I have been thinking for a while and still got no idea what I am gonna do! Next time, I'm taking the pic first then setting the comp :LOL:

With double exposures do you give each shot half the exposure you would have or do you just expose normally?

If taking two images you underexpose by one stop, 4 images 2 stops, 8 images 3 stops.....

I've got an idea up my sleeve - problem is going to be actually setting it up (as it'll probably involve borrowing some flash kit etc :puke:)

I got a trigger and a couple of remote switches (wireless) if they will help?

I got a trigger and a couple of remote switches (wireless) if they will help?

I'm okay for that side of stuff, going to have a rummage through my mates flash kit and borrow what's needed. Other idea i've had requires faking the light from a real fire just out of camera shot, which is really making me :thinking:

Mark, I have an old flash which came with the Nikon F65 . I can post you that one

cheers, but i'm fine for the flash kit -just gave my mate a call, and he's still got a bunch of kit (3 Elinchrome heads or something) which he's gonna come over and give me a few hours of lessons on next rainy day :eek:

Still stumped on the idea of faking a real open firelight, though :shake:

Real fire?

It's the obvious way, of course, but I was hoping to avoid a location shoot, and since we're completely sans-fireplace here, it'd be difficult. May have to be one for the "try it some other time" file :(

Don't suppose you have a compressor?

Warm light, white sheet, airline.

Well - didn't go for any of the fancy stuff in the end...

Best Model I've worked with for a long time :)

Might require a re-shoot though... there's one or two things i'm not 100% happy with :naughty:

Last edited:
I'd be at least 40% happy with it :LOL:

Arthur, thanks for organising this. I really hope to get a chance to take something. Maybe next week when I have a couple of models in a studio (That is IF I am well enough!).

I am determined to PRINT these myself now too....

No problem - I now know what I want to shoot, but am not sure if I am going to be able to arrange it!

I've been out this afternoon - trying to work out how to get the new camera body to do ddoouubbllee exposures. :LOL:

OK people - just reminded Lynton about this, might be apposite to do the same for everyone lese... Only a week left!

4752688704_db5949b1bb_b.jpg

Boy, the chap in the white shirt was at the front of the queue when they handed them out wasn't he :LOL:

Dunno - looks like he dropped his balls though :D

Thread Bump - challenge is supposed to close 23:59 tomorrow! So, you've only today and tomorrow to shout soup and scan. Those of you waiting for a little envelope from Peak Imaging (other labs are available) can officially start worrying now. Oh and Joxby - it's high time you sorted out a topic for Challenge 03 :LOL:

Thread Bump - challenge is supposed to close 23:59 tomorrow! So, you've only today and tomorrow to shout soup and scan. Those of you waiting for a little envelope from Peak Imaging (other labs are available) can officially start worrying now. Oh and Joxby - it's high time you sorted out a topic for Challenge 03 :LOL:

erm I suppose no one is interested in my two identical wives taken about 20 years ago :D

Back