• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChrisR

I'm a well known grump...
Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
So, as chosen by Brian @excalibur2 the theme for this "month"'s film challenge is Christmas. I'll paste his inspiring words in here: "...it doesn't have to be a shot on Xmas day and you can start now e.g. christmas lights say on houses etc, close ups of things hanging from the Xmas tree, Salvation army outside stores, and if you live where theres snow it's even better...but the problem with this challenge is you see all this on Christmas cards so could be boring... .....and the challenge would be:-something that you don't see on Christmas cards...only joking... and can be amusing with a old person (like me :D) dozing off with a christmas hat on one side"

Meanwhile, shots must be on film and taken for this challenge, ie from today onwards. The challenge will be open for [Edit: changed again] 31 days until 21 January (no point hanging on much after 12th night, apart from time to get stuff devved ;) ). Post your entries in this thread. A discussion thread is linked here.

OK folks, everyone has some sort of Christmas, even the grinch, so no excuses, let's have a good turnout on this one...

Last edited:
Just one film shot, but it gave me a difficult choice. I was particularly surprised by this one, though; it's George St, Edinburgh and the decorated building is the Dome Bar. Pentax MX, Vivitar 28mm lens, Vista 400.

Bump... poll added...

So, well done @steveo_mcg for winning the last ever old-style new shot monthly film (although I guess there's every chance we'll revisit it some day). That's an excellent shot, Steven!

And your prize is... not having to set the next challenge? (Since we have the themes for the year already set...)

Well done @steveo_mcg, very fitting Christmassy shot.

Cheers guys, typical I finally win and there isn't even the prize of making you all miserable nick and Chris have taken care of that for the entire year!

Cheers guys, typical I finally win and there isn't even the prize of making you all miserable nick and Chris have taken care of that for the entire year!

Congrats...well you make your daughter miserable by convincing her to sit for a poty shot...and give yourself a prize if you succeed ;)

Back