Film developing

Frankly I'd avoid an eBay "business", you can get developing and scanning by AG Photolab for £5.99 + P&P, I'd feel a lot more comfortable having my negs handled by a professional lab over some bloke on eBay.

Just my 2p.

Frankly I'd avoid an eBay "business", you can get developing and scanning by AG Photolab for £5.99 + P&P, I'd feel a lot more comfortable having my negs handled by a professional lab over some bloke on eBay.

Just my 2p.

+1, make that 4p

Just want negs and a CD as reasonable as poss.

Try your nearest large Asda with a photo desk, it's about £3 for dev & scan IIRC. The quality of the scan can be a little hit & miss but you can get it done while you do the shopping.

Wished they were near me as 120 dev £2.99 or 120 dev + CD for £3.99 is a great price. Higher prices from anywhere else and Royal mail have made 10 shots for 6X7 very expensive for an ordinary amateur as if you only have a few decent keepers, plus the cost of the film, it could work out at £5 per frame. :eek:

Look up AG Photographic they have a really cheap service that's given me good results. Only slight problem is they are not a fast service so allow about a week for turn around

http://www.ag-photolab.co.uk/

Wished they were near me as 120 dev £2.99 or 120 dev + CD for £3.99 is a great price.

I didn't see that on the web site; 120 process, print and scan seemed to be £7.99 plus VAT, ie £9.59...

Might be worth an explore though...

@excalibur2 I can't see where it says they do 120 processing for £2.99, have you got a link to it?

Thanks Brian, I've got a couple of test rolls of agfa to get processed so I might give these a go.

Thanks for the replies guys, I think I'll give them a try.

Steve.

Seems handy for all the old film sizes as well.....:cool:

Thanks Brian, I've got a couple of test rolls of agfa to get processed so I might give these a go.

Great Nick as it can go on the list (y).....but don't forget the deal is not so hot if you have to send your film by Royal mail, and not sure if it's free postage back. I'll stick to Asda for 35mm but am stuck for 120 somewhere local as if I have to travel to Wandsworth where you go...there is the cost of fuel and even with my free bus pass would take all day there and back from South Bucks. :(

Which Asda are you using Brian?

Which Asda are you using Brian?

Slough and even that is 8 miles away, and it's amazing that by bus it takes at least 4 hours there and back inc having the film done (three bus changes)...so much for these idiots saying "use public transport and not a car". But sometimes cycle but it's not exciting as Slough must be the ugliest place in the UK (n)

Anyone near Asda North Watford\Garston they still dev film (well they said they did on the phone) ...dunno if it's dev and scan while you shop and for me to find out would be a long walk and bus ride or about 9 miles by car.... from where I live.

Thinking of using picture lizard (directly not eBay) for my next colour batch. Not used dev and scan before any idea what I can expect from a scan to CD. Guessing at that price it would be roughly what AG are calling a 4MB scan.

Thinking of using picture lizard (directly not eBay) for my next colour batch. Not used dev and scan before any idea what I can expect from a scan to CD. Guessing at that price it would be roughly what AG are calling a 4MB scan.

Yes, it would be equivalent, I think They are scanning suitable for a 6*4" print, based on the other services they are advertising. That represents a 1200 dpi scan, roughly, for £4.79, not a bad price. I presume since you're in Surrey, you're having to post rather than drop off? So that'll add another £3.20. I don't know what their return postage costs are...

My personal favourite is Photo Express in Hull; you get a 2000 dpi scan for £4.50 per film (including a 50p per film discount for TP members; quote your TP name on the form), and return postage is £1. Your postage to them is the same. Did you see the handy price calculator, covering some of the more popular services?

This is from a recent dev and scan of Agfa Vista 200 done at picturelizard.

Back