• Carl Hall

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
The theme for Novemberis CHURCHES, which can be interpreted any way that you see fit. Entries to be posted in this thread by 23:59 on Thursday 30th November 2017. A poll will go up for seven days afterwards to find the winners.

This thread is for entries only, please keep everything else in the discussion thread here.

Reminder for newcomers to FPOTY: Entries must be taken ON FILM and must have been taken on or after December 26th 2016.

Well my last entry in signs with a church didn't get anywhere so I'll try with this one..mist added in Photoshop:-
EIuAcaK.jpg

Something a bit different here with the Free Presbyterian Church in Stoer, NW Scotland. The FP Church are extremely hairshirt, with even music to accompany the hymns being seen as unnecessary or even sinful, and the church building itself being equally plain. This would have been the centre of the community at one time, along with the primary school behind it, but the last sermon here was apparently in 2001. http://www.fpchurch.org.uk/history/history-of-congregations/stoer-history/ Nikon F3, Ilford XP2, August this year.

2017-11-20-0009-tp.jpg

From one church tower to another. St Mary The Virgin to Magdalen Chapel in Oxford. Voigtlander R4a, Nokton 35mm f1.4 on Kodak Ektar 100.

From-the-tower2 by Andy, on Flickr

St John the Baptist, Honiley, a small parish in Warwickshire. I always thought the church was designed by Wren (who lived nearby) but apparently not so. Built in 1723.

000104850023 by Chris R, on Flickr

Pentax LX, Agfa Vista 400, sorry I've forgotten the lens, but I suspect the M 35mm f/2.

:agree: Well done everyone.

From looking at the league table it appears there's everything to play for in the Snap household this month. New Year's Day could be interesting! :whistle:

Last edited:
Some more great shots and well done to all the points scorers. Looks like its going to go to the wire, not only in the main comp but in the Snap house as well. :D

I seem to be incapable of picking the right shot at the moment :oops: :$

Some more great shots and well done to all the points scorers. Looks like its going to go to the wire, not only in the main comp but in the Snap house as well. :D
You can almost feel the tension mounting there ........................... :whistle: Congrats to the other contenders too. (y)

I think next year there should be a reality TV show made of the The Snaps journey through the FPOTY.

I doubt the BBC would be interested in buying the rights to it though, as it's not about cookery! :whistle:
But it could be, it could combine all the great elements of Bake-Off, Masterchef and and the Great Pottery Throwndown and that one on the allotments and that one about sewing all wrapped up with the photographic challenge of Film Photographer of the Year. We just need to change some of the monthly themes to reflect whatever the BBC reality series is on at the time.

Well done Kevin, cracking shot.

But it could be, it could combine all the great elements of Bake-Off, Masterchef and and the Great Pottery Throwndown and that one on the allotments and that one about sewing all wrapped up with the photographic challenge of Film Photographer of the Year. We just need to change some of the monthly themes to reflect whatever the BBC reality series is on at the time.
Don't forget to add elements of The Apprentice, and bring in at least 3 'false jeopardy' situations per episode... you know the kind of thing "If Andy doesn't wind the film on properly then this could unleash the four horsemen of the apocalypse and the whole world will be put to flame."

Oh, and don't forget to add a couple of 'celebrity photographers' that no one recognises (or has even heard of) to host each episode to say how they would have taken the photos and to generally get in the way, ask stupid questions and announce that 'there are just two minutes left' as the Snaps are trying to take their photos! You know, I think we might be onto a winner there! :D

Last edited:
At Home With The Snaps,

If we're going for a bake-off type show, it'll need to be b&w to allow for a variety of end results since C41 is too standardised. Cue all those old developer recipes ......................... :rolleyes:

If we're going for a bake-off type show, it'll need to be b&w to allow for a variety of end results since C41 is too standardised. Cue all those old developer recipes ......................... :rolleyes:

and today your ingredients are - Instant Coffee, Vitamin C and Washing Soda.

Thank you to those who voted for my image. I remember, when taking the shot on large format, I was underneath the dark cloth for some time, and aware of a group of teenagers laughing near me, and possibly at me ... so getting first place in this round makes it worthwhile
Aw mate. Teenagers just don't understand the superior IQ you can gain from large format!

Back