FILM Photographer of the Year 2018 - Discussion

Has anyone else Googled "wet" for research and discovered that they're going to need a t-shirt, a bucket of water & a model?
So that'll be a t-shirt instead of a darkcloth , then a bucket for the peel apart 5x4 Polaroid film, and all that for a photo of an Airfix kit? :whistle:

Going to have to get the shoe horn out this month I think. Sent a roll of film to Filmdev on Monday and I've not had anything back yet, and they're now closed until January. Either Filmdev are a bit busy or Royal Mail are busy drowning in Christmas cards. Ah well, my own fault. At least if I shoehorn a photo in this month I can use that as an excuse for getting no votes :D

edit: typically 30 seconds after hitting post, I got an email with my scans :LOL:

Last edited:
Going to have to get the shoe horn out this month I think. Sent a roll of film to Filmdev on Monday and I've not had anything back yet, and they're now closed until January. Either Filmdev are a bit busy or Royal Mail are busy drowning in Christmas cards. Ah well, my own fault. At least if I shoehorn a photo in this month I can use that as an excuse for getting no votes :D

edit: typically 30 seconds after hitting post, I got an email with my scans :LOL:
Glad it reached you in the end. Sent mine to AG on Tuesday and it arrived yesterday, just had the 'dispatched' email from them so hopefully it will be through the letterbox before the deadline.

And remember some of us were stood b*ll*ck deep in an underground river in December to get the shot :D
That photo reminded me of the day we were at Glencoe Lochan and you had to wade through the overflow to see if it was too deep for me to cross. And I never took the shot. :rolleyes:

That photo reminded me of the day we were at Glencoe Lochan and you had to wade through the overflow to see if it was too deep for me to cross. And I never took the shot. :rolleyes:
Missed opportunity there Peter, obviously getting out of my depth is my speciality :)

And remember some of us were stood b*ll*ck deep in an underground river in December to get the shot :D
And remember the effort and skill involved in balancing external daylight with just enough flash to keep a cuddly toy frog looking as naturally lit as though it was sitting on a lily-pad. :D

And remember the effort and skill involved in balancing external daylight with just enough flash to keep a cuddly toy frog looking as naturally lit as though it was sitting on a lily-pad. :D
The lengths we go to to get the shot :)

Bet he told you it had one careful owner :D

Although I didn't meet the seller my colleague explained that it was sold as one careful owner and he had originally purchased it as a retirement present for himself brand new (gosh he must be some old chap I thought!)

:exit::D

Although I didn't meet the seller my colleague explained that it was sold as one careful owner and he had originally purchased it as a retirement present for himself brand new (gosh he must be some old chap I thought!)

:exit::D

Was it a Fox-Talbot original?

Philistines...... :p:D

Actually, well done to Nick and everyone else who entered, some really stunning photos this year, shame some of them weren't mine :D

I really enjoyed the rounds I entered this year and a big thank you to everyone involved.

Well done to @RaglanSurf - a very well deserved FPOTY award.

Hope nobody minds me saying but the two outstanding entries this year IMO were from @Mr Badger in Street Shots and @FishyFish in Wet. Both absolutely fantastic images IMO and deserve the 'special mention'.

Back