FILM Photographer of the Year 2019 - Discussion

One week to go before entries close. Plenty of time to take, process, scan & submit a masterpiece!! :eek::runaway:;)

Oh, Hell's Bells and Buckets of Blood! Just got through 38 frames of abstract shots before realising that (yet again) I didn't load the film properly! And by then the light had gone... :(

David's PFMEA (Photography Failure modes and effects analysis) No 147. a) Read the expiry date on the film BEFORE spending ages taking your FPOTY shots {Car Boot 2003 Delta 400 was not a good vintage} b) Move the old film for playing round with to a separate container in the film fridge.

David's PFMEA (Photography Failure modes and effects analysis) No 147. a) Read the expiry date on the film BEFORE spending ages taking your FPOTY shots {Car Boot 2003 Delta 400 was not a good vintage} b) Move the old film for playing round with to a separate container in the film fridge.
Hey. it's the "Abstract and Odd" round, so there may well be a winner in amongst your shots. ;)

Hey. it's the "Abstract and Odd" round, so there may well be a winner in amongst your shots. ;)

Well it has now had the homebrew Parodinal (headache tablet, drain cleaner and wine bottle steriliser) treatment and will have golfball size grain so we shall see what we shall see. Otherwise will have to re-shoot on some good film.

Oh, Hell's Bells and Buckets of Blood! Just got through 38 frames of abstract shots before realising that (yet again) I didn't load the film properly! And by then the light had gone... :(

So yesterday I managed to re-shoot that 400 ISO roll, with a bodged up 2 stop ND at f/16 and +2 exposure compensation... then on the way home I remembered I have quite a lot of 2017-expired Reala, deserves to be shot at about 50, which would have been MUCH more appropriate... I'm just not getting this right, am I!

Ordered a new bottle of fixer yesterday which was meant to be delivered today, but RM have just text me saying it's delayed and will be tomorrow now. That's two months in a row that I've been right up to the last day :D

On the plus side I have an idea for next months theme, so I'll try and get it done nice and early

Ordered a new bottle of fixer yesterday which was meant to be delivered today, but RM have just text me saying it's delayed and will be tomorrow now. That's two months in a row that I've been right up to the last day :D

On the plus side I have an idea for next months theme, so I'll try and get it done nice and early
You're taking this Japanese "just in time" malarkey a bit too far for comfort, Carl! ;)

I think in about 3 months’ time we should make overtures to our-man-in-France (@Asha) with view to starting trade negotiations in 2021 for the supply of film and process chemicals for the 2025 FPOTY, after all we might as well get ahead of the game.

I think in about 3 months’ time we should make overtures to our-man-in-France (@Asha) with view to starting trade negotiations in 2021 for the supply of film and process chemicals for the 2025 FPOTY, after all we might as well get ahead of the game.

No one over there will be interested in buying Chris when custom fees and import taxes become involved ( ie If and when Brexit finds its feet!)

I'll have you know Chris is not for sale! :) (Please, don't anyone talk to my wife about this...) :( :D

I'm sure that Sellng Chris would be covered by the "Hugh Jackman" rule...

Classifieds
A bit of small print
Slack Media Limited, it's directors, Talk Photography, it's administrators, moderators or site team can not and will not accept liability for any loss incurred by the use of the classifieds forum(s). Deals within the forums are an agreement between, and the ultimate responsibility of, the buyer and the seller only.

General
You can only use the classifieds if you are an established member.*
No trading anywhere except for the classifieds.
No posting on behalf of other TP members.
You can post for someone who is not on the forum, but you must have possession of the goods, and you will assume responsibility for the deal. Payment must be made to you, and delivery by you. No exceptions.
All discussion about the item(s) must be done on the thread. No discussions elsewhere until a deal is agreed.*
No dibs, queue, me firsts or priority for anyone.
Both buyer and seller must exchange AND provide full contact details. (Full name, address and telephone number).
Anyone refusing to provide these to a prospective buyer or seller is prohibited from using our Classifieds forums.
If you didn't get this information and then come to us for help, we will not be very sympathetic.

No pointless posts. Moderators will decide whether a post is pointless or not.
What can you trade on TP? Mostly anything, but we prefer photography equipment. Definite no-no's include : OEM or Student Software, Non-Apple equipment with OSX installed, knives, guns, animals, people, countries or Hugh Jackman. This list isn't exhaustive though.
All deals must include the thread starter.
Please use the feedback system and use it honestly. Feedback isn't compulsory, but recommended.
Retaliatory negative feedback will be removed, and the offender's score manually reduced even further.

Wow, that's awesome! It's one of my favourite comedies I think.

Jeez, you are definitely an old man in a young man's body.....:LOL: Although to be fair its still one of my favourites as well and I'm an old man in an older man's body.(y)

Eugh, due to terribly procrastination and an utter fubar situation with a roll of delta 3200, I've had to reshoot, develop and (currently) scanning all in one day. Must must MUST be better prepared for march

Eugh, due to terribly procrastination and an utter fubar situation with a roll of delta 3200, I've had to reshoot, develop and (currently) scanning all in one day. Must must MUST be better prepared for march

When your current state of [insert spinning emoji here, can't seem to find any!] panic extreme efficiency is over, I'd be interested to know more about your Delta 3200 experience, as I think I have a roll...

When your current state of [insert spinning emoji here, can't seem to find any!] panic extreme efficiency is over, I'd be interested to know more about your Delta 3200 experience, as I think I have a roll...

Soon as I'm done scanning, I'll throw up a thread about it, though since its the same(ish) as my entry, photos might not be forthcoming until I've checked the rules :)

I'm really looking forward to March's found faces. :D It's so much more my sort of thing than abstract & odd!

I prefer the epithet, unusual, rather than odd.

@Mrs Snap

Will you be putting up the March FPOTY thread today?

Back