Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Name
Janet
Edit My Images
Yes
The theme for June 2019 is WOOD.

Entries to be posted in this thread by 23:59 on Sunday 30th June 2019. A poll will go up for seven days afterwards.

Entries must be SHOT ON FILM, and must be TAKEN ON OR AFTER THE 28th NOVEMBER 2018.

This thread is for entries only. The rules and themes can be found here, and the discussion thread for 2019 is here.

Well I was saving this for the decay theme as I sorta liked it for representing death and new life, but anyway it is wood:-
g287Cy9.jpg

Voigtlander Bessamatic, Voigtlander 50mm f2.8. Portra 160
Erddig Hall near Wrexham

Gate by Andy, on Flickr

Well, after missing out last round, I'm definitely going for the scary radical option this time! Intentional Camera Movement in Crackley Woods (@Asha, please close your eyes!)...

1902PLXCN Crackley Woods ICM by Chris R, on Flickr

Pentax LX, Vivitar 35-70 lens, bodged up ND filter from two grad filters placed opposing, Vista 400 rated at 200, basically everything I could do to get the shutter speed slower!

Well, after missing out last round, I'm definitely going for the scary radical option this time! Intentional Camera Movement in Crackley Woods (@Asha, please close your eyes!)...

1902PLXCN Crackley Woods ICM by Chris R, on Flickr

Pentax LX, Vivitar 35-70 lens, bodged up ND filter from two grad filters placed opposing, Vista 400 rated at 200, basically everything I could do to get the shutter speed slower!

For flirpin out loud, you shoot like that and get a pretty darned good ICM shot.
I, on the other hand, avoid ICM like the plaque, attempt to obtain "normal" results but typically get similar blurry and OOF images:banghead::crying:

Well done to all!

@Carl Hall drop me a message re: your winning print when you're ready. No rush!

A good variety of interpretations for this month, and well done to Carl and Nige. @sirch and @VirtualAdept were right behind me as well, so it was a close-run topic. :clap:

Well done all, really good intpretations of an apparently simple word this month IMHO.

Thanks all! Loads of good entries this month, well done to @FishyFish too for a great image. Looking forward to the next theme.

Well done to all!

@Carl Hall drop me a message re: your winning print when you're ready. No rush!

Thank you Ian, much appreciated. I’m up in Chester for a long weekend but I’ll send you a PM when I get back to the land of people that talk proper :D

A good variety of interpretations for this month, and well done to Carl and Nige. @sirch and @VirtualAdept were right behind me as well, so it was a close-run topic. :clap:

Thanks Peter. Was indeed a great variety of interpretations on the theme. I'd thought I might do ok this month, but having seen the quality of everyone elses work, I've no complaints at all coming in 4th.

I have recently started getting into woodworking using hand tools. This is a Stanley No 5 hand plane made between 1948-1960 ish, with the shavings from a piece of oak I was flattening in order to make the sides for a small dovetailed box.

Hasselblad 500cm with FP4+, developed in HC110 (B).

View attachment 248746

Carl, I fear you are turning into me....

One of these days I'll need to get my good chisels and planes out and a have a play with them and the camera.

Carl, I fear you are turning into me....

One of these days I'll need to get my good chisels and planes out and a have a play with them and the camera.
If you hurry you'll still catch this month's Diptych/Triptych topic. ;)

Back