Film Photographer of the Year 2022 Discussion Thread

sirch

Lu-Tze
Admin
Name
The other Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Don't be put off by the title, it's a friendly, fun competition to get us all out shooting on film. There is no need to sign up or commit to anything, that said it would be nice to say "hi" if you are thinking of having a go and chat about any thoughts or concerns in this thread. You can enter on any individual month or every month and there is a winner chosen by public vote each month and a running total for the over-all winner.

>>> Rules and themes are here <<<

Shooting starts in December to allow time for using up a roll of film and getting it processed for entries in January. So stock up on film and test your camera, happy shooting :)

Last edited:
I've set myself a side-challenge to run alongside FPOTY, to use a different sort of film every month for the 2022 challenge. Obviously aiming to submit for more months that I've managed this year!

I quite like the idea of this. I don't shoot a lot of film but I have been trying to shoot more lately - I'm actually waiting on a dev/scan to come back this week from the old Yashica FX3.

I quite like the idea of this. I don't shoot a lot of film but I have been trying to shoot more lately - I'm actually waiting on a dev/scan to come back this week from the old Yashica FX3.
Give it a go, you don't have to enter every month and it is a good motivator

Stay indoors and shoot rain on the windows? :) Wellies and umbrellas by the back door? Nice day and a garden hose? Shoe horned entries welcome ...

@sirch Chris, has this been promoted on the Competitions, Community Challenges & Inspiration section?

In for a penny in for a roll of film , Yep I will give it a go now I am retired ;):film:

I'm going straight to ebay after posting this and starting a collection of shoe horns to include in each entry. :naughty:
You best get in quick Dean, I fear there may be a rush on shoehorns any day now.

I’ll have a go…… I’ve just acquired an Agfa silette mk1 and some film ……
Not sure if it actually works until I get the film developed but if it does I’ll post the shots !!!!!
Looking forward to it

I will need to decide which camera to load up.

Well, I went out with film and digital this morning as had been the usual lately and I made a start.

Unfortunately it's not on January's or even February's theme :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Looks like I may end up a dismal failure , Just moved home , All cameras packed away
during the time it was raining , Now found a K1000 and it has not rained for over a week , Also time to get the film sent for developing and scanning is running out , Fingers crossed , Not often I hope its going to rain , I'm about to do a F1.2 rain dance ;):film:

Looks like I may end up a dismal failure , Just moved home , All cameras packed away
during the time it was raining , Now found a K1000 and it has not rained for over a week , Also time to get the film sent for developing and scanning is running out , Fingers crossed , Not often I hope its going to rain , I'm about to do a F1.2 rain dance ;):film:

Our forecast down here is rain before Christmas so that's when I'm going to aim for January's at least. If I can get February on the same roll that might save some pressure :ROFLMAO:

I managed to get a rainy shot but I'm not sure I'll be able to see the rain (only part of the roll is shot so far) so I want to try again in heavier rain when we get some. Can't believe I'm actually hoping for heavy rain now. :banghead:

Same. But just for a few hours please :ROFLMAO:

Coincidentally, the December theme for 2021 is wet and the January theme for 2022 is rain, given that I haven't shot either yet ...

two birds, one stone and all that :thinking:

Is it ? or am I looking at the wrong list ?:runaway:

• Rainy
  • Broken
  • Reflection
  • Solitude
  • Minimalist landscape
  • leading lines
  • Tasty
  • Faded
  • Cloudscape
  • Multiple exposure
  • Small…. Far away….
  • Contrast

I dont want to point out the obvious, as you've actually moved home now, but whenever I've moved home there's always been a box that was packed last and opened first, this contained essentials and included mugs, kettle, tea/coffee, a carton of long life milk, chocolate, cake and in the last few years a phone charger and finally a camera, it may only be a point and shoot but at least it's there.

I dont want to point out the obvious, as you've actually moved home now, but whenever I've moved home there's always been a box that was packed last and opened first, this contained essentials and included mugs, kettle, tea/coffee, a carton of long life milk, chocolate, cake and in the last few years a phone charger and finally a camera, it may only be a point and shoot but at least it's there.
Even when moving home my cameras went as hand luggage.... :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
December is shaping up to be a good month based on entries so far, still time to get those shots processed and posted :)

Back