Film Photographer of the Year 2024 - Discussion

Just to prove it's one big party on a Friday night in the Sirch household here are the points for January. For the newcomers it is traditional that I do these late and get them wrong :)
1707509865538.png

The February entries thread is open

Hi,

I may well pop in and out of here a bit.

Recently (i.e. within the last month) dug out my old film camera (Minolta X-500) with a view to taking it to New York in a couple of months.

Trying various things at the minute (buying a few new (to me)) lenses and kind of enjoying the process. Pardon the pun.

Finding it very hard to stop myself looking at the back of the Camera after each shot though.

February Voting is open

Since we're contemplating a F&C meet soon, I thought I might show this image from the Lake District weekend (in 2015!), which was the first >1 day film meet I went on. Chris @raathistle drove me to Wastwater on the... Sunday?? I used several films there, but it also included a well expired, badly stored roll of Sensia 100 in my Pentax MX (lens unrecorded, looks like a 50 to me, so probably SMC M 50/1.7 at that date). It came out seriously brown, but over the years I've come to really like it! (Proved popular on Mastodon's #SilentSunday, too.)

View attachment 418120

I might try getting that film out from the storage and re-scanning it as Vuescan Raw, then importing it into C1Pro. But I doubt I've the PP skills to improve the colours much!

It's a lovely shot Chris, but is it meant to be in the FPotY entries thread? :)

March voting is open

I'll get the old Nikon F2 out, which is still boxed up from moving house.

March voting is open

I'll have a look later on the big screen and have a vote :)

Congrats to the winner!

Thanks for the reminder and well done @REOS I'll get the points and new thread done later

The April thread is open for entries.

Back