Filmedev - closed 11-21/9

lindsay

Admin
Name
Lindsay
Edit My Images
Yes
I just went to their website to download a form to send off a couple of films, and saw that they are closed between these dates (11-21/9) and also only processing C41 colour films currently due to cutting back during the pandemic.

Shame, they are my preferred processor.

I just went to their website to download a form to send off a couple of films, and saw that they are closed between these dates (11-21/9) and also only processing C41 colour films currently due to cutting back during the pandemic.

Shame, they are my preferred processor.

I think auto-correct has had a go at your title Lindsay. I presume you mean "Filmdev", and not "Filmed"?

They haven't been processing B&W for a few months now, but thanks for pointing out about the temporary closure - I have a roll or two I was about to send. I'll leave them until after the weekend now.

I check them every time I have films to send these days (which isn't often). Looking at the wording on the website made me wonder whether the cessation of B&W was a permanent thing. Must be a ton of hassle to do by batch rather than the ease of C-41,

Title corrected. You may be right about the b&w thing Nigellas. I might just get my own kit out (ooh err missus) and do the B&W myself. Scanners a bit poor but most of my photos are so if I produce any good ones it'll be an excuse to buy a new decent scanner!!

Well I wish filmdev can find a way of uploading the JPGs fairly quickly after payment made...paid them at 11:00 and still nothing at 16:45 :(

I sent 3 rolls on Monday and got the transfer on Tuesday at about 14.30, excellent service.

...and the best for the price they charge (don't how they do it),,.and it's not their fault that most of my shots are crappy ;)

Has anybody sent anything to Filmdev recently? If you have what's the turnround time been?

Yes, my last-but-one was around 5 days, long enough for me to start to wonder if my large letter post had been intercepted yet again. I sent another one, also large letter, last Thursday, I'm hopeful for a download tomorrow, Wednesday at the worst. I'm sure they're affected by social distancing guidelines, maybe also be increasing workload...

Mines been reasonable. Posting Sunday night for Monday AM collection, 2nd class and I've had the invoice and photos by the Saturday. A little slower than before but no concerns. Their service is excellent for the price. £6 per film for developing, medium scans, choice of scanner, free 6x4 contact sheet, free postage back AND nice negative holders that fit in my binder.

Recently had some B&W done by AG Photolabs. Perfectly fine but pricey in comparison and the negative holders don't have binder holes.

I've got a test roll of Lomography 400 colour coming off my Isolette II so I'll have to send it over to Filmdev and give them a go. I am eager to see if everything is working okay on this camera (no light leaks/focus accurate) so a fast turnaround would be great.

Wish they did B&W too :( I was about to try out Silverpan Film Lab but they are backed up to five weeks so I'll find an alternative and try them in the new year.

I've got a test roll of Lomography 400 colour coming off my Isolette II so I'll have to send it over to Filmdev and give them a go. I am eager to see if everything is working okay on this camera (no light leaks/focus accurate) so a fast turnaround would be great.

Wish they did B&W too :( I was about to try out Silverpan Film Lab but they are backed up to five weeks so I'll find an alternative and try them in the new year.

AG had a pretty quick turnaround for B&W, so if you need it soon then they're an option.

The last time I sent film on a Monday 1st class it wasn't delivered until the Thursday, so worth checking the tracking number on the PO receipt. They were then processed within a couple of days of delivery.

H'mm worried again as I sent two films off first post 2nd class monday morning to filmdev and nothing at friday 2 pm.....I don't mind if delays are because of Covid, but it's not knowing and wondering if lost in the post :eek:

H'mm worried again as I sent two films off first post 2nd class monday morning to filmdev and nothing at friday 2 pm.....I don't mind if delays are because of Covid, but it's not knowing and wondering if lost in the post :eek:

I sent some off 1st class Tuesday last week and had email on Saturday.

I usually don't hear until late in the day in the week(after 3pm), mornings if the invoice comes Saturday.

I sent some off 1st class Tuesday last week and had email on Saturday.

I usually don't hear until late in the day in the week(after 3pm), mornings if the invoice comes Saturday.

I suppose it's not practical and probably add to costs for filmdev to email that the film has arrived as I would guess they don't know who the film is from until they open the package to develop, although if sender is written on the back h'mm but if adding your email address, it would be open for everyone to see. :eek: ..oh well if filmdev thought all this was a good idea, would have implemented it.

Sent some on Monday got the download on Wednesday morning.:)

Sent some on Monday got the download on Wednesday morning.:)

o_O erm well you are nearer to filmdev than me ;) but for me I don't like posting important shots but there is nowhere near me to develop my films now Asda has gone.

Postal service is all over the place at the moment. Even first class post is taking days to be delivered. A lot of areas have only a couple of deliveries a week.

I suppose you're a bit closer than me down in South Wales!

Edinburgh is nearer to film dev @ 155miles than south Bucks @ 255 miles...mind you if you lived in Inverness it's 318 miles :eek:

I suppose it's not practical and probably add to costs for filmdev to email that the film has arrived as I would guess they don't know who the film is from until they open the package to develop, although if sender is written on the back h'mm but if adding your email address, it would be open for everyone to see. :eek: ..oh well if filmdev thought all this was a good idea, would have implemented it.
Brian, if you send your film as a small packet (as required), your receipt will have a tracking number to track when the packet is delivered to its destination. :)

Brian, if you send your film as a small packet (as required), your receipt will have a tracking number to track when the packet is delivered to its destination. :)

Well Peter you have pointed out how dumb I am in not sending important shots with signed for or tracking :rolleyes: .....probably because I'm so used to sending one or two films in a jiffy bag with just a 2nd class large letter stamp to reduce costs.

Well Peter you have pointed out how dumb I am in not sending important shots with signed for or tracking :rolleyes: .....probably because I'm so used to sending one or two films in a jiffy bag with just a 2nd class large letter stamp to reduce costs.

I only noticed the same by accident as I didn't expect it without paying for 'signed for'

Any one heard when Filmdev might do black and white again?

AG do downloads now but they don't have any information on what resolution a medium scan is. Filmdev list theirs as Medium 3091px x 2048px for the Noritsu.

Is the AG medium the same as the Filmdev medium as they're both using the same scanner setting?

AG do downloads now but they don't have any information on what resolution a medium scan is.

AG Photolab did a film for me a few months back. I was very happy with the service, and it was very quick. I went for Medium scan and they are 3089 x 2048 (so pretty much identical to what you quote).

Back