films/series that you don't understand

Coley.

Bryant Gumble
Edit My Images
Yes
Just thought we could compile a list of films or series that you've watched that you still don't understand.
My first series I proper didn't get was 'lost' I saw the first couple series on tv and it always niggled me that I never found out what happened. Splashed out and bought the box set and was very unimpressed with the ending- spoiler alert

Apparently they were already dead.

I've just finished watching the newish 'trance' film. Gripping, exciting, nice female actress- but wtf was it all about ???? Im thinking a rewatch with half a litre of vodka may or maynot help explain it.

So what others have left you all fuddled up confused

Game of thrones

I've watched them all but there's that many characters and different environments I can't remember who's fighting for who, who's dead , why they're dead , how they dies

When a new season starts I haven't got a clue what's going on for 3 weeks

The only one I remember is khalisi , can't think why :LOL:

Going back in the past a bit. One of my all time favs series, but what was it all about???

"The Prisoner"

Game of thrones

I've watched them all but there's that many characters and different environments I can't remember who's fighting for who, who's dead , why they're dead , how they dies

When a new season starts I haven't got a clue what's going on for 3 weeks

The only one I remember is khalisi , can't think why :LOL:

Having read the books, I can only sat it helps :LOL:

That Southcliffe program that was on a few weeks back... Totally baffled me in the final parts *shrug*

I've never seen an episode of Lost or GoT but one film that totally lost me was Mulholland Drive. Mad as cheese it is.

Far too many to mention, as I find it really difficult to sit and watch a film without doing something else at the same time :)

Recent French serial "The Returned". Beautifully filmed, great spooky soundtrack and a really sinister small boy but what the hell was going on?! So many unexplained storylines at the end.

J

Far too many to mention, as I find it really difficult to sit and watch a film without doing something else at the same time :)

Often find myself messing online while watching films. In recent years, when I have sat and concentrated on a film, I've often felt a bit cheated by the outcome.

Going back in the past a bit. One of my all time favs series, but what was it all about???

"The Prisoner"

Don't think it was really about anything beyond what you saw on screen. Folk, and maybe the producers, liked the audience to think there was a hidden meaning behind it all.

Recent French serial "The Returned". Beautifully filmed, great spooky soundtrack and a really sinister small boy but what the hell was going on?! So many unexplained storylines at the end.

J

couldnt agree more, such a well filmed series but left so many unanswered questions :(

the film inception, confused dot com

I was waiting for someone to say that, so many people have told me that it was great... but they didn't have any idea what it was about. Apart from a few people I know, I sometimes think that I'm the only person who actually got it...

I understood inception and thought it was a clever film. The trance film I googled for explanations after and still not a scooby doo. I wonder if Danny Boyle could even explain what was going on.

Saw it when it came out and didn't have a clue about much of it especially the baby and monolith bit, put it down to my youthful years

Watched it again when I was about thirty and still no clearer, perhaps given the release date you needed to be tripping like when going to a Hawkwind gig

Same could be said for the Matrix especially the sequels, the second one just seemed total nonsense to me

Last edited:
'lost' I saw the first couple series on tv and it always niggled me that I never found out what happened.

I don't think anyone did. It really annoyed me that show. Left more questions than it ever presented. No answers. Peed me right of that did

Revolver what the .....

Steve

Coley. said:
Just thought we could compile a list of films or series that you've watched that you still don't understand.
My first series I proper didn't get was 'lost' I saw the first couple series on tv and it always niggled me that I never found out what happened. Splashed out and bought the box set and was very unimpressed with the ending- spoiler alert

Apparently they were already dead.

I've just finished watching the newish 'trance' film. Gripping, exciting, nice female actress- but wtf was it all about ???? Im thinking a rewatch with half a litre of vodka may or maynot help explain it.

So what others have left you all fuddled up confused

I will join you with the vodka watching Trance and perhaps we could try to explain it to each other.....

Another vote for Lost, also Donnie Darko I lent the DVD to a mate and his answer when I asked him what he thought about it was " the rabbit did it in the bedroom with a jet engine" just about summed it up.

Donnie Darko also gets my vote

The strangest on ive seen is Eraserhead.

I don't think anyone did. It really annoyed me that show. Left more questions than it ever presented. No answers. Peed me right of that did

I lent it to my mate who also only saw the first few series. He use to text me every few episodes saying what was happening and how he was enjoying it. When he watched the last episode I had a message full of abuse of how crap it was and what a waste of time etc etc. His reaction was hilarious and he was majorly pizsed until the next day.
6 fudging series and you wrap it up like that. Series 6 was like they couldn't wait to finish it quick enough.

Its irritating, not quite as bad as finding a dvd that looks good, only to find when I start watching it its a foreign language lol

Last edited:
+1 for matrix films. The first one seemed to make sense but the other two tried to be too clever for its own good.

X factor Confuses the bejaysis out of me!

I tried Lost but gave up in it in the second season.

I can follow GOT no bother. I think!

Blue velvet, now that was a strange flick. Wrecked my head at least. And the original twin peaks.

Having read the books, I can only sat it helps :LOL:

I read something a few weeks ago

It said, how can you tell if somebody had read the Game of Thrones Books

The answer was

oh they'll tell you, believe me they'll tell you

Looks like it was true :D

Fight Club. Cracking film, but still don't fully get it.

Fight Club. Cracking film, but still don't fully get it.

What don't you get?

******spoiler alert*****

Hint: Tyler Durden never existed. Except in the mind of the narrator

That Southcliffe program that was on a few weeks back... Totally baffled me in the final parts *shrug*

With you on that one, we didn't realise it was a 4 part'er at first but was still confused at the end. I knew what went on but just thought the editor must have been well tipsey at the time :)

the film inception, confused dot com

What's not to get :D they go to sleep, invade peoples dreams and make em do stuff ;) in a nutshell........

Cloud atlas!

I enjoyed it, but didn't have a clue wtf was going on.

Not got a clue what that was about, only watched about 45 mins before deciding we'd already wasted enough time ;)

How's about 'Eyes Wide Shut', the only film we nearly walked out of the cinema. Still not sure what it was really about.

I've only fallen asleep once in the cinema- 'the Scorpion king' don't think the company I was with was very impressed lol

The Trial (1962) - based on the novel by Kafka.

Looks beautiful but, well, it's a bit :wacky:

[YOUTUBE]R_7weUR0oMY[/YOUTUBE]

How's about 'Eyes Wide Shut', the only film we nearly walked out of the cinema. Still not sure what it was really about.

The only film I've ever walked out of was natural born killers

All the hype about banning it meant the cinema was full

After 30 minutes we'd had enough so we left

20 years on it was on TV so I forced myself to watch it

What a pile of ¢¥^:p

Eyes Wide Shut..... seen it several times, still don't get it although I think that's how Mr Kubrick intended it to be.

Back