Finally got CS3!

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
I bought one of Adobe's buy CS2 get a free upgrade to CS3 deals in May.

I phoned to request my upgrade and was asked to email my purchase invoice which I did. After a couple of calls and a few weeks I finally had to get a little heavy and threaten to send my wife round with the pans.:bat:

Throughout I had to do all the running. No communication, no updates. However i am pleased to say that my CS3 has at last arrived. No apology, no thanks for purchase, just a plain brown box, but at least it arrived.

Adobe may be good at programs but have a little to learn on the customer service front!

I'm holding off from getting CS3 for the time being, my PC is stuggling to cope with CS2 - need to upgrade really - but then the missus says we need to do some decorating and that there is something called Christmas coming up and we need to get people things.....and we are skint and......... god damn woman..

No apology, no thanks for purchase, just a plain brown box, but at least it arrived.

Adobe may be good at programs but have a little to learn on the customer service front!

Congratulations on at least getting it (sorted) Gary ... (y)

Don't you think it's the same with most, if not all, big corporates though ... :cautious: ... the bigger they get the more remote and less customer focussed they become ... :shrug:

Not wishing to pinch your thread but I had a very similar issue with BT Vision installation ... after loads of chasing on my part it finally got sorted ... :cautious: ... and after even more I got £10 squids 'compensation' ... :eek:

:p

I downloaded CS3 yesterday, 463Mb ( 1 hour 20 minutes on my broadband connection here!) and when I tried to install my computer wouldn't have it, not enough RAM by the look of it. Bit of a bummer because I wanted to be all ready for when my 350D arrives here. :(

I downloaded CS3 yesterday, 463Mb ( 1 hour 20 minutes on my broadband connection here!) and when I tried to install my computer wouldn't have it, not enough RAM by the look of it. Bit of a bummer because I wanted to be all ready for when my 350D arrives here. :(

Bummer indeed ... :eek:

Have you considered Elements 5 ... :shrug: ... great functionality taken from Photoshop proper at a fraction of the price and at less cost to precious memory ... ;)

Available as free trial download too ... :D

:p

Ive been using CS3 for a while now. It already feels like ive been using it since the year dot. The way al the menus slide out is really nice as it makes the working space much tidier. Its also been rock stable so far. (y)

I have no doubt the program will be fine. I have fiddled with various versions since PS6 and all work once updated. It was just the service issue that bugged me.

Many large companies have this problem as you say Ven. (I still have my issues with Vodafone) but I have a mobile number that ends 200200 courtesy of BT where they made - and admitted to - an error on their part. I received a heft cash compensation as well as the funky number which was a "sweetener".

I like to stand my ground for customer service. I rarely lose my temper but work within whatever system they lay down. I usually take the opportunity to divulge a company's weakness as how else are they supposed to improve? :shrug: It annoys me when representatives of a company say "that is nothing to do with me/our department". A representative is just that - the companies connection with the customer and they should be prepared to handle that connection to the best of their ability!

Ooh I was getting a bit heated there. Better go and chase my order for a freezer from Currys that was supposed to have arrived on Monday........:puke:

:D

I use cs3 on a daily basis at work. Very impressed with the new layout of tools, however i tend to use keyboard shortcuts anyway due to the amount of time i spend using it.

Not crashed once, and i find it manages memory better than cs2

CS3 is a whole lot better using it every day for work etc, since release, flies along on my Quad and Xserve.

Still using Windows 2000 here ('upgrade' to XP or Vista?! Nevah sir!) so It's plain old CS (or CS2) for me.

OS X 10.4 here. My first and still loving it. The PC it replaced has just bit the dust. It must have felt unloved sitting next to the white thing. :LOL:

Back