Finally - I've got a Heron in flight.

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
I've tried for months to capture a Heron in flight, and today while watching a pair of swans, this one flew past . Typical that the weather wasn't too good (snowing again), but I did manage a few sharp pictures, but needed to use 1600 ISO to capture the movement. Canon 40D + 55-250mm IS lens at full stretch.

C&C welcome - thanks

4262119929_a359c224bc_o.jpg

really like that, well done!

Nowt wrong with that shot Mark (y) Lovely image :clap:

Must have made your day. Heron's can be such gits - dashing off just when you've prepared yourself for them.. then they suddenly appear when you didn't even know one was close.
Great you had the reflexs to catch this.

Great Capture!
Must be a relief.
Very sharp colours, and the colour of the background works well.
I would maybe clone out the streaks on snow that are dotted around, just a minor thing though.

Well caught and timed but it looks a little soft to me :shrug:

You've done a good job with the exposure though, i always find its tricky to pull the detail out on the underside of a heron.

Well caught and timed but it looks a little soft to me :shrug:

You've done a good job with the exposure though, i always find its tricky to pull the detail out on the underside of a heron.

I agree that it is a little soft, probably due to the noise removal, 1/160th sec and my 55-250mm lens, which is great but perhaps not up to the job. I am saving for the 300mm f4 L (new version due soon), which should help.

Back