finding models for a publicity shoot

big soft moose

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy...
Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Difficult to know where to put this - mods feel free to move it wherever best suited.

I'm in the position of shortly having to do some publicity shots for a bunkhouse (i'm also the client on this one - i'm doing it myself cos theres not much budget ) - the last lot were done by our comunications officer using a selection of randoms as 'models' and it hasnt worked that well - ie it is obvious that they are awkward in front of the camera, and situations are cheesily posed and forced.

so anyway I was wondering if anyone has done anything like this and if so where they got the models - I'm aware of how you get models for portrait or glamour (TFP etc) but this is a bit different - for a start I need a couple of blokes as well as a couple of girls , and i'm not looking for them to disrobe - the general vibe we are looking for is "young and funky campers enjoying a weekends stay" so relaxing in the bunkroom, playing games in the lounge etc

also we may need to shoot another set with more' mature' models.

all thoughts gratefully received.

Why not put up a "Casting Call" on sites such as Purestorm or Model Mayham?

Ian

+ 1 on Kemble3 s post above

there is also net-model too

modelling rates are comparitively low at the moment as the recession has hit everyone so you may get lucky.it might also be worth offering the use of the bunkhouse to models and photographers for a night or 2 FREE of use but asking in return for images for your website promotional use

peter

Do you have to have an active user account that has approved examples of your work with Purestorm?

Do you have to have an active user account that has approved examples of your work with Purestorm?

sadly not - like i said i'm not a pro, I'm doing this shoot for my employer because the money to hire a pro to shoot it isn't in the budget

I am sure you can find suitable models to help you on a TFP basis. If you'd like to PM me with the shoot details, I can put up a casting on Purestorm/Modelmayhem and see what interest there is.

Ian

I am sure you can find suitable models to help you on a TFP basis. If you'd like to PM me with the shoot details, I can put up a casting on Purestorm/Modelmayhem and see what interest there is.

Ian

Cheers ian - I will take you up on that - though it might be a few weeks as ineed to confirm availability (e.g when its not actually booked) and work out requirements

No worries Pete, just message me when you have some details.

Pete,

have you thought about asking the local Scout unit, they are usually able to something like this and it may help them with advertising the Scouting movement.

Pete (A Beaver Scout Leader)

Back