Firefox

I have bean using firefox about 2 years and think its really grate
mac.gif

Aye, I use it too. I've heard rumblings about safari but I'm happy with ff so can't be bothered to try it :)

Yup, I've been a Firefox convert for a good few years now, and haven't looked back at all.

I occasionally get itchy feet and try IE7, Safari, or Opera, but they all just pale in comparison to what FF offers.

Been on firefox for a good few years too - cant beat it! :D Still have IE, Opera, Safari and a few other installed. But always use Firefox for general surfing :)

If you just installed get the FxIF extension, brilliant for looking at what settings people used on certain pictures :)

Another recent FF convert here - been using it for the last few months now & never looked back.

Since about Phoenix 0.3. Well, off and on it wasn't what we now know as Firefox back then. I think I went native around 0.7.

Firefox here too

Started with the old Mozilla suite before firefox etc came about. Switched to firefox quite early, think about 0.4 IIRC. Wasnt as good as it is now but still better than the alternative i had at the time.
Now with linux so several to choose from but still use FF and sometimes Epiphany browser.
Its just a great browser (y)

Another firefox user here, and I've been using it since it was:

phoenix-03.png

Firefox is king of the heap when it comes to browsing

FF for me, used it since it's original release (not Phoenix though!).

I use it for OWA, other than Certificate issues, seems to work fine for me.

Carl.

FF for me, used it since it's original release (not Phoenix though!).

I use it for OWA, other than Certificate issues, seems to work fine for me.

Carl.

Well you would have to know our infernal systems people to understand my issues ;) my password expires on the network the only place i get told this is on webmail, they don't bother telling us when we sign in to the network so every month i get locked out if i don't use OWA (just one example lol)

Mac user and Firefox fan and it is my usual browser. Occasionally have to use Safari some downloads won't work (DxO optics for one) and find as a Photobucket user Flock is great with the picture bar at the top. Useful if doing posts to have both open - copy the url from flock to drop straight in the open post in Firefox.

Firefox and Thunderbird (emails) updated are sorted automatically and the DIY help system is quick and effective. Recommend both to everyone

it's at the bottom of the heap for me. Apart from opera which isn't good enough to even make the heap.

Safari v3
Safari v2
IE7
Firefox
opera - ugh!

dont get the attraction, seems to do exactly what IE does(except sometimes correctly) but ive never had any issues with IE...

dont get the attraction, seems to do exactly what IE does(except sometimes correctly) but ive never had any issues with IE...

On a very basic level, yes. They both browse websites. However, Firefox is better for developers because of the way it follows W3C standards. For end users Firefox has a huge advantage over IE because of the extensions you can add on to it. You can get extensions that will change the way websites work allowing you to add features that they don't have. Its got great adblocking features too allowing you to view the web as it used to be. Check out the more popular ones..

BIG firefox fan although the latest 2.0.0.4 is not compatible with certain java scripts which as a real ball ache, so i have had to go back to 2.0.0.2 which i think has some security issues!!

I use Mozilla Firefox & Thunderbird - both of which usually work perfectly well.
But recently, when they download updates and try to install them, the updates fail, because "...some files could not be updated."
After downloading and re-installing to new directories, I've narrowed this down to the firefox.exe and thunderbird.exe programs themselves - I'm 'unauthorised' to update/delete them. Any ideas where/how/why this happens?
BTW, no problems with any other programs or security access, the files aren't set as hidden, read-only etc... :shrug:

Ta in advance

I use Mozilla Firefox & Thunderbird - both of which usually work perfectly well.
But recently, when they download updates and try to install them, the updates fail, because "...some files could not be updated."
After downloading and re-installing to new directories, I've narrowed this down to the firefox.exe and thunderbird.exe programs themselves - I'm 'unauthorised' to update/delete them. Any ideas where/how/why this happens?
BTW, no problems with any other programs or security access, the files aren't set as hidden, read-only etc... :shrug:

Ta in advance

Manually update them by downloading the program from mozilla site.
I have had a few call outs for this

it's at the bottom of the heap for me. Apart from opera which isn't good enough to even make the heap.

Sort of the same. Safari is my main browser even though it is a dodgy old version which does not work with a lot of sites. Camino comes ahead of Firefox though I do not like the Mozilla rendering. I have never understood the hype for Opera, do not like it at all. Well except the mobile version.

Michael.

is there an add on for firefox then that will enable me to see the fade-in and fade-outs on my website slideshows.?

They show in IE.

Theredun, it might also be worth checking task manager to see if you have any subsidiary of firefox/thunderbird/mozilla apps running - this is what usually gives the permission denied, because another application somewhere is using the file

Theredun, it might also be worth checking task manager to see if you have any subsidiary of firefox/thunderbird/mozilla apps running - this is what usually gives the permission denied, because another application somewhere is using the file

Thanks, I'll check it out; I've got another update ready to apply - just need time spare in case I have to re-install! Doesnt take long (done it a few times now!), just a bit of a pain ...

If you go into tools/options you can disable auto updates! Thats what i had to do because 2.0.0.4 was causing problems! had no issue with thunderbird though

Not sure what Firefox deos that IE7 doesn't. I've had it installed for years and never felt the need to try it. Several of the sites I tried on it wouldn't display correctly.

Back