Beginner First attempt at editing

Edit My Images
Yes
Went out yesterday for a bit more practice, weather wasnt great a bit grey and overcast. Took a few of the bridge and had a go at layering and removing unwanted items. I quite like the end result but i am a bit biased i suppose;) any comments welcome
first is just the multi exposures layered
orwell bridge b&w by Lee Hayes, on Flickr
removal of unwanted items and ghosted lorries from first
orwell bridge b&w 2-2 by Lee Hayes, on Flickr

cheers guys...nice to know things aren't to far out...I don't have a calibrated monitor at the moment so there might be some colour variance, am I right in thinking if I get things printed out professionally they can do colour corrections before printing..

.. am I right in thinking if I get things printed out professionally they can do colour corrections before printing..
A printer can't know what your intent is - it's normal to send work as you want it printed, ie to get it right before you send it. You know, being in control is good, because they're your own pictures. You can't expect somebody else (let alone a machine) to guess what you're after.

Errrrmmmm whatever. I think the first is nearer to a black and white image (with a yellow filter?) whilst the second is a bit overexposed. Perhaps the truth is somewhere in between but whatever the photographer prefers :)
I see no orange sky but I am not really trying much either.

I'm just wondering why you feel the need to remove "unwanted items" at this stage in your development as a photographer.....:(
When I say unwanted items, it was things like the tops of the lorries which were all ghosted from the multiple layers, and just a couple of pieces of metal work from the Base which just looked ugly

Hi Lee hope you don't mind I had a little play with your photo you need to learn how to set the black and white point in your pictures it gives a much more positive conversion to black and white. hth Mike

NOT MY PHOTO by Mike Rockey, on Flickr

Hi Lee hope you don't mind I had a little play with your photo you need to learn how to set the black and white point in your pictures it gives a much more positive conversion to black and white
Don't mind at all...all part of the learning process

Back