First Bee of the year for me....

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Decided with the sun shining this morning I'd dig the macro kit out for the first time this year and go see what I could find.
Not a great deal about this morning, but I did find this bee on some snowdrops....

IMG_2137crop800.jpg

what a lovely shot and excellent detail in the bee I havent spied any insects yet so not been able to try my macro lens out

Lovely picture, and covered in pollen too :)

I saw my first bumblebee on Saturday :)

Really nice shot! What kit did you use for this? Was it just the 100mm macro on it's own, or were you using a flash, tripod, extension tubes etc? I can't wait for the little beasties to come out so I can have a proper play with my macro lens!

Chris

great shot, amazing detail, hope i can get into macro next year maybee :D

Thanks everyone! :)

Really nice shot! What kit did you use for this? Was it just the 100mm macro on it's own, or were you using a flash, tripod, extension tubes etc? I can't wait for the little beasties to come out so I can have a proper play with my macro lens!

Chris

no extension tubes, just 40D with 100mm macro and 430ex flash (with a stofen) on a Hakuba LH1 bracket.
Don't use a tripod for any bug stuff, need to move about too much!

great shot, very tempted to get the 100mm macro myself and give it a go

how far was the lens away from the bee?

how far was the lens away from the bee?

was at minimum focus distance, so not very far away, at a guess about 8-12 inches

no extension tubes, just 40D with 100mm macro and 430ex flash (with a stofen) on a Hakuba LH1 bracket.
Don't use a tripod for any bug stuff, need to move about too much!

That's good to know, I can't wait for the bugs to come out for summer! I only got the 100mm over winter, so haven't had the chance to really use it outside much.

Do it, it's an awesome lens, and opens up a whole new world of photography!

Chris

Back