First Eristalis Pertinax this year

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
A bit of warm winter sunshine must have confused this dronefly that put in an appearance today. First proper insect of 2016!

ISO100, f/1/250sec, f/11, Venus lens.

1200eristalis01.jpg

1200eristalis02.jpg

1200eristalis04.jpg

1200eristalis03.jpg

1200eristalis08.jpg

1200eristalis06.jpg

1200eristalis05.jpg

1200eristalis09.jpg

Paul.

You can tell its your 1st real bug of 2016 as its a bug heavy post :D
Haha that last one says "oh no not another bloody photo of me" but it is the best shot imo, Glad you got some Sun even though its only "winter sun"

Lovely shots Paul and nice to see some photos at last and not just of the usual suspects (that spider) :D

You can tell its your 1st real bug of 2016 as its a bug heavy post :D
Haha that last one says "oh no not another bloody photo of me" but it is the best shot imo, Glad you got some Sun even though its only "winter sun"

Lovely shots Paul and nice to see some photos at last and not just of the usual suspects (that spider) :D

Thanks Graham. It was very cold even in the sunlight, my fingers were chilled to the bone after just this short session. The cold is why I was able to get so many shots - it couldn't fly much. I moved it to the top of the bird table afterwards to hopefully warm up and then fly back to it's cozy spot.

Good series Paul. Closer and closer, I like that. And the last one - excellent!

Thank you Nick, I thought I would save that until last - it was perfect timing.

Paul.

awesome shots... the lighting & detail is spectacular.. the closer-up more "abstracted" images toward the end of your set are my faves

awesome shots... the lighting & detail is spectacular.. the closer-up more "abstracted" images toward the end of your set are my faves

Thank you - I must admit, I too prefer to get in closer than the whole would normally allow.

Paul.

Great set of images Paul, I'm liking them all very much but the last shot is right on the money.(y)

George.

Thanks m8, a bit of a one off just now I think... :)

Paul.

Yep. I've become so desperate I've purchased a couple of specimen bugs to practise with. Goes slightly against my grain but I'm gonna need a fair bit of practise to begin to understand the two JML lenses I have on the way to me (both microscope lenses). Never tried these kind of objectives before and it's going to be a learning curve and half, I suspect!

Fabulous. Do you take these in natural light hand held ? Sorry for the noob questions.

Gaz

Fabulous. Do you take these in natural light hand held ? Sorry for the noob questions.

Gaz

These were in shade on a sunny-ish day - with a blip of flash at -2EV, and tripod mounted Gaz.

Paul.

These were in shade on a sunny-ish day - with a blip of flash at -2EV, and tripod mounted Gaz.

Paul.
Thanks Paul. Being nosy :) Must be a great feeling when you capture an image like this.

Gaz

What a way to start the season! That's a stunning series, super sharp. Looking forward to plenty more :p

Thanks Tin - much appreciated.

I doubt the season is starting really up north, still a ways of I reckon. But hopefully, this year will be more productive than '15.

Paul.

Back