First Ever RIAT visit!!! (Sunday Only)

Name
Glen
Edit My Images
No
Wife purchased a ticket for both of us and my two boys for our first ever visit to RIAT so have attached a few images although i may still add a few more as still have loads to go through.
All taken on an ef300mm f2.8 IS L with 2x tc or a 70-200 with a 1.4x tc attached to either an R3 or a 7D.

Worth viewing 6 in full screen for the inverted pilot giving a thumbs up to the rear seated photographer below.

1/
i-z2DQPB9-XL.jpg

2/
i-zbzr5Hj-XL.jpg

3/
i-3ZfB9W8-XL.jpg

4/
i-wgzZGj6-XL.jpg

5/
i-xWLg6b9-XL.jpg

6/
i-5fG7wkC-XL.jpg

Great set, very well done indeed, blurred propellers and tic tac sharp, excellent ;)

Looking on my phone.........

A cracking set and (so far) range of subjects.

TFS:)

I’ll top up my excellent remark with another excellent ;)

Wonderful photos. Really detailed. That's a superb lens I had one but had to sell it as I found it difficult to hand hold re the weight.

I live 20 miles from RAF Fairford and didn't realise the RIAT was on. We usually hear aircraft flying over arriving and departing as a 'beacon' is very close to my home.

Absolutely cracking set of images. There's some very good composition in there as well. I'm wondering if you had to do a bit of cropping to get the compositions so good, because if not then that's outstanding camera technique.

These are indeed outstanding.
I was there on the Saturday and whilst I captured a few reasonable images, yours are something I aspire to.

Absolutely cracking set of images. There's some very good composition in there as well. I'm wondering if you had to do a bit of cropping to get the compositions so good, because if not then that's outstanding camera technique.
Slight crop but nothing excessive,it really helps with the subject tracking and massive A/F area of the R3, to be fair it really feels like cheating now.

Great images. Would like to have attended but last time I did the traffic was horrendous and Sunday was rather hot.

Dave

Slight crop but nothing excessive,it really helps with the subject tracking and massive A/F area of the R3, to be fair it really feels like cheating now.

I think you do yourself a disservice by saying that. It still takes skill to keep the camera on the subject with such a long focal length and such fast moving subjects.

Thank you everyone for your kind words and comments,really is greatly appreciated :)

Great images. Would like to have attended but last time I did the traffic was horrendous and Sunday was rather hot.

Dave
Well it was very hot on the Saturday too. And very busy. Our son joined a queue off the dual carriageway at 8.15 and was still queueing at 11.00 am. He was still some distance from the car park so he turned around and went home. We stayed locally the night before and managed to get in very early. Getting both in and out is certainly challenging.
I doubt we will go again in the near future.

Absolutely great photos! I was there on the Saturday and I've just come on here to post a handful of shots... yours beat mine hands down though! Excellent work :)

I would have loved to see the Black Eagles flying with the Red Arrows, shame they didn't do that on Saturday as well.

Excellent set (y)

No. 5 is superb, very different :clap:We've been going on and off since it moved to Fairford in the mid 80's (unfortunately missed this year), don't think I've ever seen a shot like it (y)

Great set of shots. Really like the Freece Tricolori shots on the ground with the crowd....adds place to the airborne shots.

Back