First go with Cinestil 50D

Edit My Images
Yes
I don't home develop; I'd rather pay someone with experience and concentrate on trying to get it right through the lens and into the camera! We try, we try.
I'm afraid that post-covid we seem not to travel as far as we used to so more often my photos seem to feature the same local haunts.
Camera is a FED4 with a Jupiter 8 lens. My first experience of Cinestil 50D: I need to think about things before using my second roll.
003-88445.JPG
0010-2e6ef.JPG
0023-66a0f.JPG

009-f316f.JPG

It's years since I used film but these look good to me. Well done, and a nice looking camera too :D

It's years since I used film but these look good to me. Well done, and a nice looking camera too :D
Thank you sir. I'm uneasy about the brightness of the yellow tractory parts in the 4th photo and to a lesser degree the fringing in the 2nd one.

I’m working my way through bulk rolls of both Kodak Vision 50d and Vision 250d - the original from which Cinestiil derive their versions after removing the remjet layer. I find 50d to show very fine detail and effectively grain free. 250d shows hardly any more grain.
I know that the version geared towards tungsten lighting - Cinestill 800t - shows fringing around highlights (such as street lights) because of the lack of a remjet layer. I wonder if the daylight variants have the same issue, leading to the fringing you refer to?
The bright yellow could easily be dialled down in Lightroom or a similar program.

After many years of Darkroom Colour Printing i have given up to 'scan' colour negs and slides and the 'scans' are never 'perfect Colour' -- you have to adjust in Software as Mr Allan above has said. I use the FREE FastStone Image Viewer but also have the Older Discontinued PhotoShop 7

Nice photos but I do have to wonder without sounding rude, Why on earth take photos with a film camera only to have them digitised to put on the interweb?. Makes no sense to me so hopefully someone can explain, me being a bit thick. Surely it is easier just to use a digital camera

Last edited:
YES -- much 'EASIER' but how are we all going to use up our FILM STOCKS and play with our Beloved FILM Cameras ? Ha Ha !

Nice photos but I do have to wonder without sounding rude, Why on earth take photos with a film camera only to have them digitised to put on the interweb?. Makes no sense to me so hopefully someone can explain, me being a bit thick. Surely it is easier just to use a digital camera
That isn't the point. You get the film look, digitised or not. That's what people like. You just have the added advantage of being able to manipulate a TIFF file. It's not just so that you can stick them on the internet.

Back