First pics in 3 months! Have I lost it?

Edit My Images
Yes
Well I havent been able to get my camera out for about three months now! :crying:

These were a few of a bunch I got yesterday.

Felt a bit rusty so please tell me what you think

Not sure what any of them are and the last one I though was a bit strange/cool as its on barbedwire lol

EDIT all shot with Canon 60mm Macro and Kenko extension tubes ranging from 1:1 to 2.5:1

testers_1-Copy.jpg

testers_2-Copy.jpg

testers-Copy.jpg

testers_3-Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Certainly not, these are fantastic. Loving number 2

I wish I was this "rusty" :D amazing set great detail and DOF (y)

Yep you still got it Buddy ;) Loving those crazy eyes in #2 (y)

Yep you still got it Buddy ;) Loving those crazy eyes in #2 (y)

Cheers mate :)

I had a little walk through the woods....soo many things to shoot but it was a very windy day so a bit hard for some.

I also found a globular springtail, but it was shiny....? I havent sorted the pic out yet but I will post when I have.

yes you've lost it, they're dreadful...
Of course not, they're amazing! If I could do 1/2 as good as you I'd be delighted. They're excellent :)

Very nice Robbo - No.2 for the eyes is my pick(y) U done any more mad stuff recently:LOL:

Cheers mate, hope your ok. Should be back on here more often now (y)

I am good mate, Welcome back :) as for you not being on for 3 months i guess your shooting a stick of dynamite project went wrong ? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

P.S just noticed that damaged eye in the last shot:puke:

Last edited:
You don't seem to give yourself enough credit. Wish i had the know how to do anything like this.

No no more mad stuff....... Yet :) lol

And no not fishing for compliments, just felt rusty with it all and always had a too critical eye for anything I do.

Thanks for all comments

Sorry yes you have lost it. Better chuck it all in, and give me your gear as i will take all the suffering away, :LOL:

Excellent images there and all taken with Canon 60mm (not the Canon MPE thingy, or whatever it's called).

Please could you share you technique?
- are they single exposures or stacked?
- what is the typical working distance between lens and subject?
- how the hell do you get so close with disturbing the subjects?
- do you use flash (built in / flashgun)?

Thanks
Gary

Gary

All single exposures ranging from f. 11 to 16
With the 60 mm and tubes it's pretty close working distance so I think it's a bit of luck with finding a non shy insect! Lol

I use a canon external flash and a flash bar, if you look in the macro rigs it's on the second last or last page.

Would post link but using my phone at work lol, will give you a pm later ***

Back