First pictures from me.

Edit My Images
Yes
Afternoon all :)

As promised in my other post it's time for me to stop lurking and contribute more, so here's my first picture post so be gentle with me. ;)

A few random samples of my first outing with my new lens, a Canon 100mm macro. I'm very happy with it and it's as fast and sharp as I hoped but not sure these do it justice but it's a learning curve. The light was poor and all hand held and as I've found out the more you go in the harder it is for get a sweet focus point with a moving target.

Anyway enough of the waffle a few pics to look at.

C&C always welcome

Agro (y)

I like the one of the fly the best. I think it's a great contrast between the pretty pink of the flower and the dark colours of the fly. Nice and sharp too!

congrats on the new lens, it's a cracker :) My favourite out of them would be the ladybird.

As you've found the DOF is ridiculously small, using flash helps get smaller apertures and keeps the shutter speed fast. Look for a post from CT regarding Hi speed synch, makes a huge difference.

Beautiful shots, especially the first.

Thanks for the comments, very gentle too. ;)

Good pointer there DOD thanks, I've done some searching and reading and more searching and reading. I've found CT's post your talking about and more top tips too. A plethora of information on these forums. :)

Cheers.

Some good shots there, very good macro of the fly, superb detail:)

I like them all, I'd certainly be pleased with them if I'd taken them. Its the sort of 'stuff' I want to get into so its spurred me on to see these. I think they're great.

Back