First Post - Lunar Power

I like this picture - The clouds and sky colours are interesting to look at. The sea makes nice foreground interest where it is pulling back from the beach. I do like the effect you have got there. Sharp all round and well exposed.

Cracking first picture post, I look forward to seeing more of your work.(y)

I love that picture! I had a go at doing them "mystical" sea photos and it's great to do them.

I love the colours in the sky and you caught the wave motion perfectly well, it looks like the sea was ebbing back when that picture was taken and it works very well.
The overall exposure and sharpness are spot on.

But, and this is a minor quibble, the horizon needs a tiny bit of levelling off (needs a very tiny bit of rotate anticlockwise).

Otherwise, it's a smashing effort, good work.

Nice one. Smashing colours, great motion blur. The composition might be a bit stronger stood a bit closer to the groyne. Great image

I love that picture! I had a go at doing them "mystical" sea photos and it's great to do them.

I love the colours in the sky and you caught the wave motion perfectly well, it looks like the sea was ebbing back when that picture was taken and it works very well.
The overall exposure and sharpness are spot on.

But, and this is a minor quibble, the horizon needs a tiny bit of levelling off (needs a very tiny bit of rotate anticlockwise).

Otherwise, it's a smashing effort, good work.

ah, nicely spotted. Rookie mistake.

I can almost hear the sound the waves are making, a beautiful pic :)

hmmm that didnt work

Oh yes it does, I think it works very well, fraction out of level but beautiful colours and sense of movement

Edit: I have just been to look at your site and I feel you should be giving C&C not wanting it, your landscapes are absolutely stunning. Do you use filters or just the camera?

Last edited:
Hi Ewan
Top first post and super pic.
Works a treat.
Those motion blur lines are excellent (y)(y)(y)

Oh yes it does, I think it works very well, fraction out of level but beautiful colours and sense of movement

Edit: I have just been to look at your site and I feel you should be giving C&C not wanting it, your landscapes are absolutely stunning. Do you use filters or just the camera?

hi, was referring to not actually displaying the image the first time i posted it being a bit of a newbie to this site :)

Thanks very much that really means a lot to me! but im still a beginner really so c + c is still very helpful.

I use a set of nd grad filters, mostly cokin but am hoping to get some lee ones soon.

Yeah, me too. Awesome pics on your site.

Good old Asda carpark vantage point for your light trail shot.;):D

Love the colours and composition of the shot, OK the horizon needs straightening but I just wonder if you had moved right a little so the moon was directly above the pole at the end of the groyne would you have lost much?

Excellent shot Ewan and welcome. I've had a look at your website and its smashing, some really great shots on there mate.

Andy

welcome and nicely done mate nice colours like the sea motion could of had some stronger foreground content but really nice otherwise and technically spot on

i really really like this picture.......... i cant explain why, something about it just draws me in and it makes me smile!

Hi Ewan, don't go away - it ain't all over til the fat lady sings, as they say! Just want to let you know how much I love your picture, and for one who hates motion blur water you can take that as a supreme endorsement! (y)

Excellent and striking foreground. I've been playing for some time with a sky crop - right down to just above the red whatsit, as I don't think the sky adds much to the shot. However, that's just personal preference I guess. :)

Back