First Post (Novice) - Golden Retrievers

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi there
New to photography, enjoying learning the ropes.
Visited my mother over the weekend and went out walking with the dogs.
Took over 120 shots with my Panasonic Lumix FZ50 and these are two of my mums favourites.

The first is "Skye"

Skye2resized.jpg

And this is "Faith"

Faith1resized.jpg

C + C welcome, I hope you enjoyed.

Welcome to the forum Bully! Nice shots. No2 for me to much going on in the foreground in no1. Two very nice dogs! (y)

These are pretty good pet shots. Crits as above, but on the good side you've done what most people don't do. Get down to the eye level of your subject and focus on the eyes. So, well done.

Thank you for your comments.

I was also pleased with the sharpness of the first, more so as it was straight out of the camera with no PP.

Someone elsewhere commented on number 1 being a bit busy.
I except that from a Photography viewpoint it is, however I feel that the brambles and bushes give the picture a more natural "Gun dog out working" feel.

What do you think would have improved this shot ? More of a plain background or without the thorns in the foreground ?

It took the whole walk to get that one shot (No 1) as she wasn't as camera happy as the other dog and just spent most of the time with her nose down sniffing around.

The second shot is more of a pose shot IMO, and whilst I like it, It doesn't give me that natural feel of the first one.

I except that from a Photography viewpoint it is, however I feel that the brambles and bushes give the picture a more natural "Gun dog out working" feel.

Totally agree, for me it's the better shot.

I love No. 1. Its such a clear shot and love the background as its so natural for a gun dog as said before! Lovely expression in the eyes.

You have 2 great shots here, exposure is good, and in particular, no. 1 is the tops, nice and sharp too. You should be chuffed with these. :)

Back