First post - NYC

Edit My Images
Yes
What do you think, one of my favs in my collection...shame about the building behind the bridge though.

485209676_mXQS9-L.jpg

I could try to clone the building out but at the risk of ruining the picture...it stays for now.

Hi and :welcome: to TP :wave:

Nice first post! The composition of the shot is fantastic, although I'd like to see a bit more water in the forground. I don't think I'd have particularly noticed a problem with the building behind the bridge if you hadn't mentioned it. I'm not even sure I know which one you mean lol.

For me, the colour of the sky is a bit too unnatural, although I guess it's a personal thing :)

Hi and :welcome: to TP :wave:

Nice first post! The composition of the shot is fantastic, although I'd like to see a bit more water in the forground. I don't think I'd have particularly noticed a problem with the building behind the bridge if you hadn't mentioned it. I'm not even sure I know which one you mean lol.

For me, the colour of the sky is a bit too unnatural, although I guess it's a personal thing :)

I couldn't have said it better myself. It's a nice shot and welcome to TP

Thanks for the replies...I tend to agree with gazedd about the building...i dont like the idea of removing the building...but quick work on the clone...nice one!

Thanks Grendel, there was more water before being cropped, my thoughts were that it added nothing to the shot. I knew the sky colour would be mentioned..and people would have different opinions which is a good thing IMO. Thanks again!

You could sell that one as a postcard, it has commercial potential.

I suppose people would prefer Manhattan rather than Brooklyn to be in the view but this way the bridge looks much more impressive, less overpowered by buildings. (except that one, cloning it out would confuse people who knew the view. I seem to remember that building I think because of the name on it but don't recall what it is.)

Isn't there a floating restaurant under the bridge that end, I can't see it.

You could sell that one as a postcard, it has commercial potential.

I suppose people would prefer Manhattan rather than Brooklyn to be in the view but this way the bridge looks much more impressive, less overpowered by buildings. (except that one, cloning it out would confuse people who knew the view. I seem to remember that building I think because of the name on it but don't recall what it is.)

Isn't there a floating restaurant under the bridge that end, I can't see it.

These pics were taken from Brooklyn and that is Manhattan but the sky scapers were over to the left...

Thanks for the comments though. :)

These pics were taken from Brooklyn and that is Manhattan but the sky scapers were over to the left...

Thanks for the comments though. :)

That explains why there isn't a floating restaurant then!

Back