First real portrait attempt

Name
Jessica
Edit My Images
Yes
Image 15-04-2018 at 12.40.jpg low res Bow and jess, blured background.jpg I finally felt confident enough with my abilities to get out of my comfort zone.

Here's a couple of my first attempt at portraits for photography purposes aposed to happy snaps of people and landscapes.

Cc welcome.. I only aim to get better.

P.s wanted to upload a couple more but the file is to large. I have re saved through photoshop as a small file but still won't upload, Any ideas?

Technically, nothing wrong here… but the second has
more charm through the interaction of the girls and the
very cool backlit frame.

(y)(y)(y)

Nice pictures - and poses. Settings are great too. The biggest thing that strikes me that needs improvement is the focus point - maybe some practise on single focus point on the eye of your model / subject will take these to the next level. Or maybe your AF is back focusing?

Last edited:
I too like the second which has some nice separation from the bg.... keep an eye on where you crop and avoid cropping too near a joint, you also have a stray hand and toe.

I would perhaps have liked the two young ladies closer to each other to add to the interactive relationship between them. Well done.

Nice pictures - and poses. Settings are great too. The biggest thing that strikes me that needs improvement is the focus point - maybe some practise on single focus point on the eye of your model / subject will take these to the next level. Or maybe your AF is back focusing?

Thank you

How do I know if my auto focus is back focusing? I had partial metering on and al-servo. Would it be better to be on spot metering?

Thank you

How do I know if my auto focus is back focusing? I had partial metering on and al-servo. Would it be better to be on spot metering?
Focussing and metering are 2 completely unrelated functions.

Back