First Snow and First light at Buachaille Etive Mor

3 Beauties Steve, the changing light gives them all a different feel.

Reactions: ST4
3 Beauties Steve, the changing light gives them all a different feel.

Cheers Ruth. It's a new thing I do. I just pick one spot for the dawn/dusk sunrise/sunset and golden hour and just take in the change of light and fire the camera. It's bloody therapeutic and the images just work and the different feel in each one is something I want to capture

Cheers Ruth. It's a new thing I do. I just pick one spot for the dawn/dusk sunrise/sunset and golden hour and just take in the change of light and fire the camera. It's bloody therapeutic and the images just work and the different feel in each one is something I want to capture

Well it's working for ya Steve.

Colour of the sky in the last shot makes it appear almost volcanic!

I do like those with the middle one my favourite.

"Cracking" set of images Steve, and very nice to see how the same scene looks so different at various times of day.(y)

George.

Great set of shots, liking the first with a dusting of snow on the tip

2nd one looks like it's glowing red hot - great capture :)

Very nice, especially the second. Great light on all three though I do sort of wonder whether a squarish or 4x5 type crop might suit 2 and 3 as weirdly for me the first is great across the board, but on the second two I sort of feel like the left hand side is a little less interesting. Did you change the angle slightly in 2 and 3?

Your dedication to your art is impressive, as are those images. You've caught some lovely light there.

#2 is the one I would go back to look at again.

The glare or cloud reflection on the water in #3 below the mountain peak reflection makes it less attractive.

Very nice, especially the second. Great light on all three though I do sort of wonder whether a squarish or 4x5 type crop might suit 2 and 3 as weirdly for me the first is great across the board, but on the second two I sort of feel like the left hand side is a little less interesting. Did you change the angle slightly in 2 and 3?

Between 2 and 3 an ever so slight change.

The crops have me thinking. It's what you cut off at the edges of the crops that concern me but for this these aspect ratios probably work better.

I like them all, still leaning to number 2 though with the slight amount of light hitting the top of the mountain.

All three are excellent although the middle one is the stand out shot for me.

Lovely set Steve! I'm going to go against the grain here and pick no1 as my favourite. I prefer the cold blue tones, I also think the middle section of rocks looks brighter and more detailed.

Cracking set of images !

I like the first photo myself. However, I think if the "golden light" shone on more of the mountain, that might have been my pick!

Lovely set Steve. No2 for me.

Fab.

Gaz

Great read on the blog too :)

Gaz

Last edited:
Very impressive trio of shots and shows the 16-35 off very well :)

Yep, the middle one works best for me, the touch of sun on the summit balances perfectly with its reflection. An image that makes me want to be there, which is how landscapes should work imho!

Back