First Street Photography...

Name
Adele
Edit My Images
Yes
Well a wet and horrible day in Sheffield for the Christmas Lights switch on....but Les, MattyH and I persevered on...Some other pics can be seen in "Sheffield, post your best 3" which is something we said we would do when we got home.
However, we all tried our hand at this, and these are my street photography photographs from the day.
Most of these were taken at ISO 1600 due to the poor lighting, and were taken with my pentax k10d and sigma 70-300 f4-5.6

C&C Welcome! :)

1. I know the child is OOF but I love the look on the mum's face
2048659092_80fe653c2a_b.jpg

2. Friendly Police Officers, one joked with us "No photos please, autographs only"
2047871765_f1124d4382_b.jpg

3. These two didnt look too impressed by punch and judy.
2048664514_8895764d2f_b.jpg

4. Cinderella...
2048665966_b1fcb960e4_b.jpg

5. Girls handing flyers out, happy to stop for a shot.
2048669612_e6d069842d_b.jpg

6. This girl was being photographed, by another photographer. Possibility, of a shoot for a college project. I decided to take some photos of her too. Was quite amusing when we all got noticed. :LOL:
2047890289_92be786a52_b.jpg

7. Smokey Sheffield Street from the Burger Van!
2047890293_d09b803e94_b.jpg

Some nice captures. Pity about the high iso, it's spoiled the IQ a fair bit I think.

Hey, at least you were out there doin' it. I'm off out tomorrow and the weather up here is real pish at the moment, so I'll be lucky to get anything half as decent. Hope to get some stormy seas tho.

I really like the last one, i dont know why but there is something there, the light on the pavement is great, i tried to apply some dodging to the girl with the umberella in photoshop but alas it was a little too noisy and Im not too hot with photoshop.
Ive discovered i love street shots but it aint easy, I took 350 shots in oxford on Saturday and i used three!
Keep it up!

You've got some great captures there Adele, my favorite is the last one, a really atmospheric shot with so much going on - just what street photog should be :clap:

I know your ISO was way up but for some reason all of these seem to be OOF and / or a bit blurred. Shame coz otherwise they're rather good :shrug:

Btw, the frames and captions are waaaay ott IMHO :(

I didnt want to mention the OOF because these are "First Street Photography" Shoots and its part of the learning process, its a daunting task getting street shots and not feeling as if you are snooping, so one tends to use the longer focal lengths to start with which invariably gets a little shakey. I squeze my camera to my head so tight it hurts just to get as steady as possible! A good technique is to get set up somewhere and place the camera on something solid and wait and wait till you see a good shot.

I think they're great. My only dislike are the titles, But that's not why you posted them :p

#6 and #7 are good captures. Real shame about #6 though - you've focused on the concrete thing rather than the woman. Its otherwise a really good composition.

#7 just works on all sorts of levels - great atmosphere, colours and composition

Some nice captures. Pity about the high iso, it's spoiled the IQ a fair bit I think.

Noise doesn't bother me one bit in these, the softness / blurring does though. The best ones though are 5 & 7. 5 because its a really fun photo, only spoilt by the camera shake. 7 because its a proper street scene with lots going on. Some of the others seem like photos of people with no character or story. I know how hard it is to find these moments though, keep at it :) 5 & 7 are the sort of shots you want to be capturing though.

I know your ISO was way up but for some reason all of these seem to be OOF and / or a bit blurred. Shame coz otherwise they're rather good :shrug:

My thoughts as well, I don't find the higher ISO used disturbing at all, but the blurriness or not good focus on these doesn't work well in most of them, even though they'd be quite nice if they were well focused / not blurred.

Shutter speed priority or full manual FTW ;)

i have to say despite the technical difficulties (high iso poor weather etc) i really like the compositions:)

I really must have a go at this soon, was planning on getting a film for my FED-2. It'll force me to get close, plus I fancy having a crack at film again.

7 is the stand out shot for me. Composition is good and there's plenty for the viewer to think about.(y)

as first street photography pictures, these are not too bad. It is hard when your first getting into street photography to make sure the focus is right as theres just too many variables in your head. Took me few goes to check whats going on in the background, least these dont have background problems with arms and legs sticking out of people:)

Keep on taking pictures on the street and the rewards will be worth it :)

Last one for me (y)

I am sorry to say the frames and captions ruin otherwise nice photos, but thats just my opinion, feel free to ignore ;)

Back